Ch 9

After the war a wedding took place. It was a very beautiful wedding... The Fey leaders respectfully landed. I hid behind Shrike and Borra as they approached Maleficent, along with the rest of the clan leaders, as was accustomed. I felt like just an extra on the sides, but Udo turned and looked me in the eyes as he was positioned next to Borra, as if saying I too had an important role to play. It made me feel a little bit better. 

 Maleficent welcomes Borra and the rest of the leaders home, the Moors. Borra gratefully accepts her warm invitation as the other leaders voice their agreement. Just then a girl pops out from behind the overhanging flowery vines of the willow tree. A girl called Aurora, Maleficent's daughter. Hello. She greets with a chirpy voice startling Ini as she takes a tentative step backwards hiding slightly behind Shrike. Unfortunately for me, she does this so quickly I had little time too move and her foot crushes my poor toes even though I have boots on it still manages to send searing pain up my leg. I literally bite forcefully down on my bottom lip because I don't want to startle her further. As Maleficent excuses herself and slips away behind the flowery curtain I make known my pain as I grunt in response. Ini immediately removes her foot and the pain starts slowly decreasing. Borra barks with laughter at the sight of my pain. Geez, you make it sound like she threw a brick on your foot! Borra snickers with a snide comment. I may have been to slow to move with Ini but not with Borra just for laughing at me and his sarcastic comment about me overacting I swiftly punched him in the other arm, the one not shot. This shocks him as he stops laughing and stares at me as I walked away smirking following Udo as he hand me a cold wet rag to wipe away the warrior paint from my face. After I had washed away the paint I join Udo in the mixed crowd of Human, Moor folk, and Dark fey. 

Just then a goat walks by... In my opinion the queen deserved worse. Everyone gathered around the wedding that would take place at any moment began to laugh at the sight of Queen Ingrith's current position. The people of Ulstead began to clap and cheer as the former king, King John has awakened and begins greeting everyone. 

As everyone gets settled I catch a glimpse of figures emerging from behind the flowery vines and so begins the wedding ceremony. Aurora is adorned in white now, beautiful flowers decorate every inch of that dress. She looks like a beautiful flower. I hear one of the younger ones say. A boy named Cole, a tundra fey. As she walks down the isle her dress switches to different colors along the way before finally ending with a blue- ish tint. Her dress looks like a bluebonnet. Says another child, a girl named Peony a forest fey. Udo laughs at the children's reactions as they continued to stare and mumble many things to one another voicing their opinions as mother and daughter continued down the isle. But once they got to the alter, the kids immediately stopped talking and lessoned intently. The way Aurora and Philip stared at one another so passionately, it brought back tears of joy as I remembered my own wedding day. Maleficent hesitated to let Aurora go but eventually did so with the help of a nearby friend. I nearly burst out crying because Maleficent was there for Aurora and my father couldn't be there for me, he was taken from me long ago. Udo noticed the pain I felt and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. 

I gave him a reassuring smile to signal I was alright as the priest talked I thought of my past and the moments that led up to this day

I gave him a reassuring smile to signal I was alright as the priest talked I thought of my past and the moments that led up to this day. Some were scary like having to leave my home and forced into hiding, hurtful like being bullied almost everyday for being human and basically different ,happy like building a stronger bond with Ini, others filled with passion for my husband and yet others were filled with sadness like the death of my parents and the recent loss of my clan mates. I was brought out of my thoughts when the crowd started cheering and the Dark fey started making noises of cheer, it sounded like chirping of morning birds and hooting of owls. That brought an instant smile to my face as I cheered along with the rest of the happy crowd.