Ch 8

War with Ulstead 

Jorden pov

Conall's death meant that Borra is now the leader of the Dark Fey. And his final declaration is to wage a war with Ulstead. He plans to kill off the entire royal line and the other Human rulers that'll be present. A mass wide genocide... Both me and Udo exchange looks of concern and both agree to not harm the Human children, children that are innocent after all,  in this war about to take place. I really don't have a choice in not going, Udo needs my support as my mate I support his decision however I believe in what Conall said... He should've died an honorable death not shot in the back with an iron bullet. 

As we got closer I saw a vast army. I had a bad feeling something was about to happen I yelled at Borra that we should turn back but he didn't lesson to me, instead he charged ahead and that's when I heard someone yell fire over a bull horn. They threw these weird pumpkin shaped things at us. Then it burst into red powder and started killing any Fey it hit instantly turning them to ash. I saw many of my clan mates die before my very eyes, the sight of which made me angry and sad at the same time. When Borra saw this he ordered the group to withdrawal. I thought he was recalling the warriors home but no. He ordered the group to stay low, another plan of attack then head on into battle. After Shrike and a few Jungle Fey separated from the main group I heard Borra give the order to attack. 

As we traveled upwards I saw something sparking, a spark traveling upwards to something tethered to it, a strange kite thing. Then it busted in more of that red powder killing even more of my clan mates. The pain and rage I felt for them was immense. Then one man in armor shot my sister with an iron clamp pulling her down back towards the land and I couldn't do anything but watch her suffer as the iron clamp burned and seared through her flesh. Another taking an axe to her horns... Then the petrified screams of children... Udo reacts on impulse to save the human children dropping off and onto the dirt covered ground below. The people scream in fear away from us, a guard tries to stab Udo as he's protecting the human children, covering them with his massive white wings. I picked up a nearby axe and slam it into his armor, the man falls onto his back in pain yelling curses at me. Calling me a savage and many  more horrid things... I lost my patience and what pity I had for the man and I was about to kill him when one of the children screamed at me to stop. STOP! He's just scared we're all scared, if you kill him then you're only giving in to the hate, you'll really be a savage in their eyes... Please don't make the same mistake... Said the sad little boy. I dropped the axe near the soldiers head and turned to face the little peasant boy, the one Udo saved. What courage he had to say that to a total stranger on the other side of the war. Udo ruffled the boy's hair fondly before picking me up and flying away back into the heat of battle. 

Then after some time passes I hear what sounds like a thundering storm, I look up towards the sky and see Maleficent infuriated. Battle paint smeared across her face as her power surges off in waves of energy throwing back any unlucky bystander away. The surge frees Shrike from her iron net prison, destroying the guards as she flies away towards the queen. Then she manages to free Ini from the iron clutches of the clamps. 

I see Borra go after the prince but then gets shot down by the captain of the guard, Borra stands up and flicks away the captains weapon with the flick of his wing and is about to kill him. The prince stops Borra from doing so by holding up a blade to Borra's throat. Yelling at him to stand down! Borra looks at him in pain as the blade is iron, I see overhead that Maleficent is watching from afar. Then the prince shocks me as he throws down his blade saying.. There will be no Fey blood on his hands.. Wow. And here I thought he'd be as heartless like his mother... 

I saw Maleficent fly in her flurry of rage towards the Queen, who adorned herself in white, she must think she's some sort of lady. Just then Aurora runs up the tower in between her mother and mother in law, ouch and I thought my wedding was bad... Anyways Aurora is able to calm Maleficent down and find the hope and peace in others, especially Maleficent... She calls Maleficent her mother even though she didn't have to say anything she still did.. And her words seemed to pacify Maleficent's burning rage. It would've been a happy moment had Ingrith not shot Maleficent. Technically she was aiming at Aurora but Maleficent sacrificed herself to save Aurora as she faded into ash. Aurora fell to the ground screaming and crying  as Ingrith spoke her lies... About what makes a great leader... Aurora stood up in furry like she was about to hit the Queen but got held firmly back by castle guards. Ingrith declared Aurora a traitor to her own kind saying that shed pay for it, I guessed that makes to of us. I'd never stand with Ulstead or the Humans even though I am one, I wasn't raised like one... Then she announced to all who heard her that Maleficent had died and that no human ever would have to live in fear because of her tyranny. She should really look in the mirror before speaking, if the mirror doesn't shatter upon looking at her horrid complexion.  I was perched on a nearby ledged clinging onto it as Udo was on the other side watching out for any approaching guards. From what I saw Aurora's tears mixed with Maleficent's fallen ash and started sparking to life, Until Maleficent transformed into the legendary mother Phionex, I guess Conall's stories were true after all. 

Time skip

Time skip

I was the look out posted outside the doors of the royal thrown room just in case any guards came. Borra, Ini, Shrike, and Udo my love were currently inside blocking any escape for the Queen of Ulstead. Queen Ingrith... The horrid woman behind all of this... The death of my clan mates, the death of Conall, the death of my parents... The plan was originally to kill her off but since the Prince spared Borra's life he called off the attack and decided to scare the Queen instead... Cat and mouse er, Hawk and mouse...