Ch 7

Welcoming Maleficent 

Jorden pov 

I remembered Conall telling me of a powerful Fey called Maleficent. She was Dark Fey like them but had powers none of them even came close to having. He believes that she is our key to broker peace with the Humans in general and the Humans of Ulstead. Borra also believes she is useful but not for peace, he wants to use her as an allie for war. Before Maleficent arrived that is what they argued about... Conall has always pushed for peace, Borra always for war when it came down to talking about my kind... When Conall did finally arrive back from Ulstead with Maleficant in tow, Borra was upset that he had saved her. But didn't dare say anything after seeing her wounded. The healers patched her up and went on their way... Then she woke up, I was directly told by everyone on the council not to say anything... I had a feeling why as I heard anther heated argument from Borra pushing for war yet again. Maleficent was headed their way... And by Borra's outcry of pain I'd recon his mouth finally caught up with him, he's such a stupid boar. 

Ini rushed inside the warriors nest and dragged me out before flying off towards her abode, it was small but big enough to feel welcoming and cozy. Ever since I told her I had chosen Udo as my mate Ini was so happy for me. Just then I heard Conall give Maleficent a tour of the cave, no doubt he'd tell her their history, he's such a chatter box. 

Time skip 

Come night fall Ini practically drags me out of the nest to come and join in the festivities. 

I eventually give in and follow her, as I exit the nest the snow crunches softly beneath my feet. Even though I have completely switched climates I adapted much quicker than I had thought, must be a human thing. I keep the thought of which to myself as I see Ini impatiently waiting for me her bare feet against the cold snow, the coldness of the air swirls around her and the tundra climate nips away any warmth from her body. 

Took you long enough! She snaps at me

Took you long enough! She snaps at me. Sorry, it's just... It's nothing. I quickly change the subject. Hey. Did you see Maleficent?! Ini asked me. By the way. Thanks for not blowing it back there. The council really appreciated you not giving any clues to Maleficent. Ini added. Um. Your welcome. I said oddly playing  it off as a joke. But I still didn't know why they wanted me to keep silent?! I thought as we landed near the festivities. I saw Udo with the children.