07

Lily, Mal, Jay, Carlos, and Evie all walked through the front of the museum, "Check you mirror." Mal asked Evie. "Is my mascara smudged?" Evie asked. "Yeah. And hey while your at it, why don't you see if you can find us the wand." Mal said as they stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

"Sure. This way." Evie said as she pulled out her mirror, running in the direction it showed, the others following. They all ran towards the door, peering through the window, seeing the spindle wheel and a security guard. As the guard spun around they all gasped, moving away from the windows. 

Mal and Lily both peered up, looking at the spindle wheel once again. "That's your mother's spindle wheel?" Jay spoke as both Carlos and him laughed. "Yeah it's kind of dorky." Carlos laughed as Evie rolled her eyes. "It's magic. It doesn't have to look scary." Mal replied. "Seal your lips, please." Lily rolled her eyes as she smacked Carlos's forearm. "There you go flirting again." Jay said as Carlos held his arm from where Lily hit him. "Do you want me to hit you next." Lily threatened. 

"Will you guys stop." Evie said as Mal started to say a spell. "Magic spindle do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger." She spoke as the guard started to stare at the wheel. "Impressive." Jay chuckled. "I got chills." Carlos followed. "Okay, you know what...Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep." She said a spell again as the guard stood up, moving towards the wheel and pricking his finger, laying down on the platform that held it. 

"Not so dorky now, huh?" Mal smiled as she shook the door handle, it not opening. "Stand back." Jay said as he stepped back. "Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick." Mal recited quickly before Jay could hit on the door. As the door opened, Jay landing on the floor as the girls laughed, walking through the open doors. 

"Coming?" Mal questioned as she went up and kicked Jay, Evie and Lily following. "You get what you deserve." Lily chuckled as she passed Jay. "Come on, Jay." Carlos said as he picked Jay up. "I'm good." Jay said as he pushed Carlos off of him, Carlos raising his hands in defense, "Just trying to help." Carlos followed the others. 

Mal went over to the guard as she lifted a finger to her mouth, signaling for them all to be quiet as they looked around. Jay and Carlos gasped as the guard groaned, Jay running after the others but Carlos stopping in his place. "Carlos!" Lily hissed. "Coming." Carlos ran after them. 

As they ran through the hallway, Evie was looking at her mirror, "So close." She spoke. They turned a corner, "Upstairs." Evie said as she ran up the stairs. "Go, go, go." Mal pointed to the stairs as Jay and Carlos followed Evie, Mal after them. "Up, up, up. Come on guys. Almost there." Evie said as they started up another staircase. 

As they came to the top, they all stopped in a open doorway, seeing Maleficent stare back at them. They started walking towards the statue, the other villains behind Maleficent. 

"Mommy?" Evie spoke up as she stared at the Evil queen statue. "Killer." Jay said as he looked at his father's statue. "I'll never forget Mother's Day again." Carlos said as he gazed at his mother's statue. "I guess my dad isn't relevant here." Lily spoke as she looked down at the ground, not seeing her father's statue. "They should really add him." Carlos smiled at Lily, who smiled back. 

 "Well, the wands not here. Let's bounce." Jay sighed as he looked around, noticing the others weren't moving. "Let's go." Jay spoke again louder, Carlos, Evie, and Lily following. Lily realized Mal wasn't with them, so she ran back to the room, "Mal! Come on." She waved Mal on. "Hey! I found the wand! Let's go." Evie's voice echoed in Mal's ear. 

"There it is." Evie said as they all peered down at the wand, smiling at each other. "Were so close." Lily spoke up. "Whoo!" Jay screamed as they all ran towards a golden gate, Carlos opening it for them. 

Jay ran around the barrier around the wand as he stared at it, the others following. Just as Jay was about to slide under the barrier Mal screamed, "Jay don't," but Jay didn't listen and slide under anyway. "Wait, no! No! Don't!" Mal continued as Jay reached for the wand, a shockwave forcefield sending him tumbling backwards, an alarm piercing their ears, waking up the guard. 

"A forcefield and a siren?" Carlos spoke up, covering his ears. "That's just a little excessive." Jay replied as he reached out. "Let's go!" Mal screamed as Jay got up, the others following Mal. 

"Hurry!" Mal said as the ran down the staircase. They came to the doors as the telephone rang, "Come on!" Mal whispered, everyone following her except Carlos, who stopped and answered the phone. 

"Hello? Uh...Just give me one second. One second." Carlos spoke into the phone as he peered down at a piece of paper. "Yeah, yeah. No, false alarm. It was a malfunction in the LM 714 chip in the breadboard circuit. Yeah. Okay. Say hi to the missus." Carlos chuckled. 

"Carlos!" Lily yelled as Carlos ran to the door, holding his hands up in defense, "Your welcome." He said as Lily rolled her eyes. "Way to go, Jay. Now, we have to go back to school tomorrow!" Mal yelled as they all ran away from the museum. 

-

Authors note

I know I haven't updated anything in a while ive just not had any time and with school and everything, but i'm finally on fall break so i'll try to write more and have draft chapters i can publish once i'm back in school!