10

Lily was walking to class, books in hand. She had just woken up, realizing she was late. She threw her hair up into a messy bun and no makeup which was a rare occurrence because usually she was insecure about not wearing makeup.

Mal and Evie had already left when she had woken up, she assumed that her alarm hadn't gone off and they thought she was staying in. So, she rushed out the door, grabbing what she could of her books and homework and almost sprinted to class.

While Lily was walking she had her head down, not looking up because she didn't want anyone seeing her because she didn't look like her normal self. As Lily walked she bumped into someone rather hard, landing her head on his chest and dropping all her books.

She had bent down to pick them up apologizing profusely when she felt something hard hit her head, sending her back onto the ground.

Lily held her head as she heard someone's voice echo in her ear, "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Lily." She heard him say as she felt someone's hand on her wrist, pulling it away from her forehead, "let me see." He said as Lily started to open her eyes, seeing who it was.

"Okay, your okay. Just might need some ice or something, maybe." Ben said as Lily stared at him, realizing who she had bumped into. He let go of her wrist as he looked down at her eyes, his brow furrowing.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" He said in a slightly raspy voice, giving Lily chills as a blush tinted her cheeks. "I'm sorry, really. I didn't mean too." She said as she started to scramble and pick up her books.

"Lily." Ben said as he placed his hand on the books, "It's okay, really. You didn't mean too." Ben continued as he started to pick up her books.

Lily heard him but kept her head down, avoiding his gaze but know that he was staring at her. She watched as he picked up her books, reaching out his hand when he was done. She took his hand as he pulled her up, effortlessly.

She leaned forward slightly as he pulled her up to her feet as she backed away, finally looking up at him. "Here." He smiled as he handed her the books.

"Thank you." She stuttered out as she started to walk away. "Hey," Ben said as he grabbed her arm. "You know you don't have to be nervous around me." He continued.

"I'm not nervous." Lily replied, avoiding his gaze once again. "If you say so but what are you then because your definitely not your normal self." He replied with a shrug.

"And what's my normal self?" Lily asked, looking up at him with a accusing look. How could he know, he doesn't even know her much less had a conversation with her.

"Well, from what I've seen you atleast look at people and don't stumble over your words." He replied giving her a smirk. He wasn't wrong usually she's not nervous. For some reason she was but just slightly. She couldn't help it.

"Mhhh okay. Well, technically I'm not nervous I'm just shaken up because I'm late to class." Lily spoke. "What class do you have?" He asked as he moved slightly closer.

"History of woodsmen and Pirates." Lily rolled her eyes. "I have that right now. I could walk with you and give the excuse that you were talking to me so the teacher doesn't mark us tardy." Ben shrugged as he smirked at her again.

"Really. That would actually be great, but just so we're clear the only reason I'm letting you walk with me is because you can get me out of a tardy." Lily replied as she smirked.

"Aye-aye captain." Ben said as he walked up to her. "Don't do that ever again." Lily said monotonously as she turned her back on him, seeing a blush tint his cheeks.

"Sorry." He said as he walked up beside her. "So, did I get it right?" He continued as Lily looked up at him, confused. "Your normal self. You never said no." He smiled down at her. "I guess you did." She replied as she saw his smile grow wider, proud of himself.

Author's note

Their first interaction apart from the VK's!!! I hope y'all liked this chapter because I really loved writing it. If you have any suggestions on interactions between the two please leave a comment.

Anyways how was y'all's day?

If you enjoyed pls leave a vote and comment <33