09

Lily and Mal both walked into the restroom. They were met with Jane looking the mirror, fixing her hair. "Hi! It's Jane, right?" Mal said as Jane turned around to look at them both. "Ah. Always loved that name. Jane." Mal commented as she stepped forward, Lily staying behind.

"That's cool." Jane spoke up as she started to walk out. "Don't go!" Mal yelled as she put her hand out to stop Jane. Mal pulled back her hand, biting the inside of her cheek as she looked down. "I guess, I was just kind of hoping to make a friend." Mal said as she looked back up at Jane.

"Mal, what are you doing." Lily spoke up in a whisper, Mal the only one hearing it. "You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?" Mal continued, ignoring Lily. "Hardly" Jane said shyly, a slightly shocked look spreading across Mal's face.

"Really? I mean, with your mom being Fairy godmother and headmistress. I mean, not to mention you own...uhm, personality." Mal stifled a laugh. "I'd rather be pretty. You've got great hair." Jane said. "You know what? I have just the thing for that." Mal said as she slammed her spell book down on her hand.

"Mal, really?" Lily said as she pulled back Mal's arm as she was running through the pages. "Yes. What about it?" Mal mumbled as Lily rolled her eyes, stepping forward. "Hi, I'm Lily." Lily smiled. "I know." Jane said quickly.

"Beware, forswear, replace the old with brand new hair." Mal recited as she motioned the spell, Jane screaming and popping up with long hair. Jane turned to face the mirror, Mal and Lily following. "Wow! You almost don't notice your other features anymore!" Mal spoke.

"You don't have to keep it. She can change it back." Lily held onto Jane's shoulders as she shot Mal a look. "Do my nose." Jane said as she tapped Mal's book, turning to the side. "Oh. I can't. I've been practicing, but you know. I can't do really big magic. Not like your mom with her wand. I mean, one swoosh from that thing and you could probably have whatever features you wanted." Mal replied as Lily rolled her eyes.

"She doesn't use her wand anymore. She believes the real magic is in the books. And not the spell books, regular books with history and stuff." Jane said. "What a rip." Mal scoffed. "Mal!" Lily hissed, Mal raising her hands in defense. "Yeah." Jane said. "You know, she used magic on Cinderella, who wasn't even her real daughter. Doesn't she love you?" Mal said with a saddened look.

"Well, of course she does. It's just, you know, tough love. Work on the inside, not the outside. You know that sort of thing." Jane said as Mal pointed to Jane, "That's the face! Yeah, and the just look as if your heart is about to break. " Mal said as she started to act it out. "Oh, Mother, I just don't understand why you can't make me beautiful, too." Mal said, switching to a smile. Lily stepped forward and grabbed Mal, pulling her aside.

"Excuse us. Mal! What are you doing. You're manipulating her. What is this doing for the wand." Lily whispered. Mal scoffed, "Don't you get it, if we get close to her, she can lead us to the wand." Mal said. "Isn't there a better way?" Lily questioned. "If you want to do it a different way you can, I'm going to do it my way." Mal replied as she went back over to Jane.

"You think it would work?" Jane questioned. "Yeah. I mean, that's what old Cindy did, right? and your mother bibbidi-bobbidi-booed the living daylights out of her." Mal replied, making Jane laugh. "And hey, if your mom does decide to, you know, break out the old wand, invite me." Mal shrugged as she smiled.

"If I can convince Mom, you're so there." Jane agreed. "Yay!" Mal clapped as Jane grabbed her stuff and walked out, saying bye. "I can't believe you." Lily rolled her eyes. "Hey, you got a better idea?" Mal said as she hopped off the sink. "No." Lily scoffed as they both walked out of the restroom.

authors note

sorry it's been a while since I updated I've been working on my drafts bc I have one I'm really excited for

anyways if u enjoyed pls comment and/or vote it rly helps the story <3