Chapter 7 - Ranboo

Started: July 18, 2023 

Finished: July 24, 2023 

Trigger Warnings: being overwhelmed, meltdown, deadname use 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- 

~Tommy pov~ 

The four of us walked in through the big doors of the mall and looked around for a while. I was getting very overwhelmed and close to a meltdown so I was hoping we would go home soon. We finally got to the last shop, hot topic, and looked around at the dark clothing. There would be the occasional splash of color every now and then. To be completely honest, I really liked this store, I loved the unusual clothing and everyone there seemed cool. I was caught off guard when Wilbur came rushing over to me, screaming. 

"TORIIII-" I couldn't hold it back anymore and covered my ears. 

"WHAT WILBUR?!" He stopped and looked at me with widened eyes. "..oh sorry Tori-" 

"..don't call me that." I mumbled. "What was that?" 

"Don't call me that!" I stared at him, starting to tear up. He just looked me in the eyes and slowly turned away going back to Techno and Phil. I stood there, on the brink of cry and having a meltdown in the middle of the store. I didn't even notice that I had started pacing in circles, hyperventilating and my hands flailing. I didn't notice that a person was in front of me, asking if I was okay. They were bending down in front of me, their split black and white covering part of their face. 

"Hey, are you okay kid.?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at them with widened eyes. I realized what was happening and all of the sounds in the store seem to come down onto me all at once. The music seems as though it has been turned to full volume, blasting through my ears. I can hear the loud beeping and clicking, and I can hear the annoying screech of someone moving a hanger. I curled in on myself towards the floor and the person held me up from falling while my hands shook harshly at my chest. The person seemed to start panicking and just started hugging me and rubbing my back, repeatedly speaking the line that it was okay. The person had started covering my ears, which made almost everything better. Everything was still loud, but now a bit muffled, for a few more minutes. 

"Are you okay now..?" 

"..Y-Yeah I think I'm fine..uhh..You can stop hugging me now.?" 

"Oh yeah sorry ahah.." 

I'm glad the store wasn't as busy as other stores today.. 

"Soo uhh.. What's your name?" 

"Oh uhm.." I paused. 

Do I tell this person I'm trans? 

How do I know they're not transphobic?? 

What if they hurt me because of it.. 

What if they think I'm disgusti- 

"I'm guessing that's a tough subject?" I was caught off guard, just staring at them. 

"U-Uh yea..How'd you know.?" 

"I'm nonbinary actually..So I kinda understand what you're going through." They rubbed the back of their neck and smiled at me. "My name is Ranboo and my pronouns are they/he by the way" I could feel happiness come up inside me. 

"I-I've actually been thinking of a name..Could you give me your opinion on it.?" 

"Yeah of course!" 

"Oh uhm well I've been thinking of the name.." I looked up into their eyes, full of encouragement. I thought for another second.. 

"I was thinking Tommy..?" 

I-I said it.. 

I finally said it!! 

"Ooo that's such a cool name, Tommy!! I love it!" Ranboo smiled at me and I could feel tears threatening to pour out at the amount of happiness I felt in that moment. I couldn't hold them in anymore and I jumped onto Ranboo, hugging them tightly, and letting the tears overflow from my eyes. I had never smiled so hard before.. 

"Are you alright, Tommy? W-Why are you crying.?!" I chuckled a bit. 

"T-These are happy tears..I'm so happy right now!" 

"Ohh" He hugged back and laughed in response to me. "Just so I know..what pronouns do you want me to use?" I got out of their grasp and fell back, sitting on the floor, leaning forward with the support of my hands. 

"I wanna use he/him pronouns" I smiled at Ranboo as they smiled back at me. 

"Can I have you're number?" He asked. 

"What you wanna flirt with me or some shit?" I laughed at them as they became embarrassed at the thought and looked away. 

"N-No Tommy.! I can't believe you would think that's why I wanted your number!" They said sarcastically as he faked being offended, I laughed. 

"Yeah you can have my number Ran..Lemme just get my phone real quick." I tried to get my phone out of the pocket of my sweatpants but remembered I forgot it at home and looked up to a smirking Ranboo. "I forgot my phone at home- You good Ran.?" 

"So, my name is Ran now?" I felt my face heat up and I looked away. 

"S-Shut up!" They laughed and soon I joined along. "Anyways, my number is ***-***-****" 

"Yeah I am NOT gonna remember that." I thought for a moment.. 

"Oh wait do you have a pen on you?" They nodded in response. "Can I have it for a second?" He handed me the pen and I wrote my number on their hand, they smiled at me. I was about to smile back when we were interrupted by a voice. 

"Hey Tori- who is this.?" I tensed up at the sound of Wilbur's voice and could see the shock in Ranboo's eyes. 

"Hey, I'm Ranboo!" They stood up and stuck his hand out to shake Wilbur's. "Nice to meet you." 

"Uhm..Hey I'm Wilbur. Nice to meet you too.." Will looked up at Ranboo, them being maybe 6'5, and took their hand to shake. "Anyways," He looked down at me, "Dad said that it's time to go home Tori." 

"O-Okay Will.." I stood up and gave one last smile to Ran. "Call me when you can.!" 

They look at me and smiled, hugging me one last time. I hugged my arms around him and tried not to cry, "I will, don't worry!" 

I stepped back and we waved goodbye to each other as me, Will, Techno, and Dad walked out of the building. We were met with the scenery of pouring rain and we had to run through it to the car. I love the rain. I love calming sound of it. The four of us began to run through the downpour. I couldn't stop smiling. We made it to the van and Dad started to drive off to the house.. 

That was funner than I thought it would be. 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- 

HELLO WONDERFUL PEOPLE!! You are amazing! If you need to hear it...you are doing so well!! I'm so proud of you :D Keep going!! Make sure to eat, drink, sleep, shower, take your meds if you need them, and do everything that makes you happy (and is healthy!). Sorry I posted this a day late and I just want to warn you that there won't be another post for the next two weeks because I'm going on vacation and can't take my computer :( Thank you all for reading and I hope you have an amazing day/night! 

BooSnopil signing off! 

1219 words