prologue

"cheers to the black phone!" ethan announced as he raised his glass , even though the kids had soft drinks in theirs they clinked their glasses together.

scott chuckled as he took a sip of his champagne, they we're currently all at a dinner the day after the premiere to celebrate.

miguel turned to soleil who was sat next to him , "can i try some of your pasta" he asked with an unsure look on his face , knowing she would scold him.

she looked at him with a disappointed look on her face , "i told you not to order that bowl i knew you wouldn't like it!" she said looking at his bowl that he's had one bite of.

she knew him better than anything , she still put half of her pasta on his plate.

"sorry , i love you" he kissed her temple , "i love you too" she smiled as she took a bite out of the french fry in her hand.

mason smiled at the couple although gianna , ethan hawkes daughter who was sitting next to mason gave them a glare.

"hey miguel , i like what you did with your hair today" she spoke out , miguel looked up at her as he touched his hair "really? i just have it out like i always do".

"i know , but it looks good on you" she grinned , "oh ,thanks gianna! i like your hair too it's a really nice color" he smiled.

soleil looked at the two up and down , while tristan gave miguel a "wtf" look.

miguel ignored tristan's look as he went to focus on what gianna was saying "thanks , i'm thinking of going lighter" she said as she twirled the ends of her hair.

"yeah that would suit you , i mean - this suits you too  everything does you're just-" he stumbled over his words as he smiles.

"you're cute" she chuckled  cutting him off , miguel's smile slightly dropped.

soleil scoffed as she got up , pushing past brady and maddy as she stormed off.

"what's gotten into her" gianna said quietly under her breath , miguel immediately got up following behind his girlfriend.

he stopped as he saw her enter the small bathroom , he walked over and knocked the door.

"baby , what happened?" he said worried , there was no response.

he heard the door unlock as it revealed a middle aged bald man who was looking at miguel confused.

miguel's eyes widened as he heard the door next to them open as soleil started walking away.

"shit" he said , he went to follow behind her and stopped her by putting his hand on her left shoulder.

"sol, wait" he said , "what? what do you want? go compliment gianna's hair would you!" she shot back.

"soleil, are you really jealous? cmon me and you both know you have better hair" he smirked , "no stop miguel , stop you always do this! you always flirt with other girls then i always forgive you because you have such a fucking likeable personality and you always try telling me shit to make me feel like it's my fault but in reality it's yours!" she said as her voice got louder.

everyone in the restaurant was looking at them now , he sighed as he took soleils hand and lead her outside.

as they got outside she let go of his hand , "look i was just being nice ok? i wasn't flirting what was i supposed to say , i'm not gonna tell her to fuck off she's ethan's daughter" he explained.

"miguel you always do this , i'm not saying you should tell her to fuck off but you shouldn't lead her on when you have a girlfriend? who was sitting right next to you!" she scolded.

"i wasn't leading her on sol! i want you and only you" he responded as he rested his hand on her hip.

she lightly pushed his hand off as tears formed in her eyes , "look , i don't think this is gonna work anymore" her voice breaking at the end.

"what?" he said under his breath , "we're not right for eachother miguel , you're too nice and i can't take it because it always ends up hurting me" she said as she walked away going back inside.

miguel stood there , it felt like his heart dropped to his stomach , like the whole world just stopped.

mason came outside , "hey bro , we're leaving now let's go" he said as he put his arm around miguel's shoulder , knowing something was wrong but he didn't want to talk about it.

MATILDA SPEAKS !
i was listening to my tears ricochet as i wrote that last part and it was gut wrenching!!! anyways this is my first time writing a prologue or whatever 😭😭