4

it's been 3 days since soleils "breakdown" , miguel asked her to go get coffee.

she was currently getting ready for that , she put in more effort than usual this time.

she wore a long sleeve white corset top , with denim blue jeans.

she finished doing her hair and makeup so she put on her white converse.

miguel said he'd pick her up , she got his text that he was outside.

she said bye to her parents as she left , walking to his car awkwardly.

she opened the door getting in the front seat , "hey" he smiled.

"hi" she said , "i like your outfit" he said as he started to drive with his eyes on the road.

"oh , thanks!" she smiled as she put her seatbelt on , good thing her effort for picking something nice to wear was appreciated.

miguel put his playlist on shuffle then increased the volume on the car.

"Love" by keyshia cole started playing , coincidentally this was one of THEIR songs.

they both looked at eachother from the corners of their eyes , unsure if they should start singing.

"OH LOOOVEEEEEE" they shouted at the top of their lungs.

"NEVER KNEW WHAT I WAS MISSINN" miguel sung.

"BUT I KNEW ONCE WE START KISSIN" she continued.

"I FOUUUUUNNDD" , "LOVE".

once the song ended they were out of breath , they laughed at eachother as miguel parked.

miguel left the car quickly before soleil could and opened the door for her.

"okayy gentleman" she patted his shoulder , causing him to grin.

they got settled in , soleil ordered a matcha while miguel got iced coffee and they got a cheesecake to share.

after they ordered , they were just having small talk until the topic of 3 nights ago came up.

"so what did you mean when you said that to me?" soleil asked curiously.

"nothing- i just , i don't know it feels weird i guess seeing you with someone else but i'm happy for you and mason" he admits.

"mikey, me and mason aren't anything. we're just friends and i hate to admit this but i only sat close to him like that to make you.. jealous" she confessed.

"you wanna make me jealousss" he smirked , "shut up!" she smiled.

"well glad everything's cleared sol " mikey said , "yeah same , i'm glad we could hangout as friends just the two of us it's nice!" she responded.

miguel's heart felt heavy when he heard the word "friends" , he didn't want to be just that.

"..yeah , yeah me too" he mutters , the waitress came and gave them their drinks and slice of cheesecake.

soleil took a sip out of her matcha , "i still don't get how you drink that shit" miguel chuckled.

"what? it's good!! it has health benefits too" she defends , "how do u drink that , it's hell on the toilet plus it's way too sweet".

"no no it's better than ur green shit , try it and i'll try yours" he said.

they exchanged drinks , taking sips out of each others drinks.

"ok fuck this is kinda really good" she admitted , miguel made a face after drinking hers.

"and this is not" he gave it back to her as she rolled her eyes.