Chapter 37.5

The lead up

*The Rumble is looming closer and Briar is starting to feel the pressure.

Walking back into gorilla Jimmy was still sitting there, he stared at me in disbelief and admiration.

"Total badass and appreciate the help but was that approved?" he asked.

"No, just instinct. I was told I could come check on you but that's it," I said.

"Briar," I heard my name and looked up to Hunter who was motioning me over with his finger. I couldn't read the expression on his face if he was mad or not.

"Yes," I said.

"You can't always make fly decisions like that; you need to get them approved."

"I know, sorry, but sometimes there isn't time to ask to make fly decisions. By the time I think of them, then ask for approval the moments passed and it's too late to do something. I try to ask you when I know ahead of time."

"Try harder, but good job," he said sighing. I got lectured and complimented all in one sentence. Some how I'm guessing a certain someone won't see it like that. I turn back around as Sami and Jey come through the curtain. Jey goes right to Jimmy to check on him. Sami hovering behind Jey.

"All good brother just pulled a muscle. I'll take it easy a few days and be good to go, guess it's a good thing we don't have a title defense at the Rumble," Jimmy said trying to stand up. Jey went to help him up, putting Jimmy's arm over his shoulder.

"Let me help," Sami said moving over but I stepped up blocking his way.

"The Tribal Chief doesn't want to see you," I stated and I took both of Jimmy's titles out of Sami's hands and moved to Jimmy's other side. He put his hand on my shoulder and the three of us started moving.

"Don't worry, dog, it's just temporary, we'll see you at Rumble, thanks for the help," Jey said giving him a fist bump. Sami upset but nodded bumped his fist. I didn't look again at him as the three of us left gorilla and slowly made our way back to the locker room.

"Thanks for the assist Little Uce," Jey said.

"No problem," I replied.

"I was surprised to see you though, wasn't expecting Roman to let you come out there," he said and I stiffened. I glanced at Jimmy who was staring at me shaking his head.

"He didn't exactly let me come out there," I answered.

"What you mean he didn't exactly, Uce?" Jey questioned as we turned the corner to the hallway of the locker room.

"Well, he just said it was okay I go to gorilla to check on Jimmy. When I got there and saw what she was doing, I couldn't control the rage. I blinked and the next thing I knew I was going through the curtain."

"You're going to be in the dog house, Little Uce," Jey said.

"I'm always in the dog house," I stated as I went to open the door. I didn't hesitate either I turned the knob, and walked in holding the door open for them. Solo came over quickly and took Jey's spot to help Jimmy to the nearest chair. I handed Jey the titles and turned to face Roman and Paul standing there. Roman looked angry but not as angry as I thought he would.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him.

"Only that you didn't discuss it with me first, but I had a feeling you were going to do something," he said.