Chapter 45

Truth and Consequences

"Hunter wants you in his office, now," a crew member said to me. Paul's words from the other day came back into my mind. 'I don't always agree with the on-the-fly decisions you make'. I'd done so well starting the show and I messed up; I know I did. I should have let Roman do his thing and stayed in gorilla like he asked me to.

"Okay, when The Bloodline comes to the back will you tell them where I am and let them know I'll meet them back in the locker room," I asked. He paled.

"You want me to tell him that?" he questioned with fear filling his voice.

"If someone doesn't tell him where I'm at he'll throw a fit. He'll destroy whatever and whoever is in his way. So, can you tell him please?" I asked.

"Okay, okay," he breathed in a feared uncertainty.

"Thank you," I said and left gorilla to go face the music. Stares followed me down the hallway and I wasn't sure which reason I was getting the stares for. If it was for breaking the rules or for Sami's out of the blue confession. I got to Hunter's door and took a deep breath. Clearing my brain from what just went down and working on my story of why I did what I did. However, I didn't have a story I just did it. I knocked then opened the door.

"Come in Briar," Hunter said when I stuck my head inside. I shut the door behind me as I walked in and took a seat across from him. He looked at me and sighed. I went from getting praise to being lectured in just two hours. Staring at a disappointed Hunter wasn't something you wanted to see.

"I don't want to be the bad guy," he started saying before I jumped in.

"But you are good at that," I added to lighten the mood. I got a smirk.

"Briar this is serious," he said.

"I know and honestly, I don't have an excuse for why I broke storyline again in less than a week. I was just doing what I thought was best."

"It could have ended bad; you came through the crowd did anyone know you were doing that?"

"No, I didn't know I was doing it until I was doing it," I explained.

"It's not safe something could have gone wrong. You could have been hurt; the fans could have been hurt. If we didn't have the best talent in the world, they might not have gone with it."

"I know, I can't justify my actions. I should have talked to someone first, I should have brought my idea to creative, too you like I did with the Shayna thing. I was being selfish; I should be thinking about the whole picture and everyone else not just myself. I'm sorry," I told him. "Actually, I take back what I said a minute ago. I wasn't doing what I thought was best. When it comes to Sami all I see is red, I don't think straight, he brings The Wild One out of me and she only wants to destroy," I explained. Hunter nodded his head at me then looked down to his phone that kept buzzing.

"Once again, you've made headlines and are trending. Now everyone thinks there is some love triangle," he said.

"Hey, that was all Sami, I.... I don't know why he said that. There really was no reason for him to do that."

"So, you guys aren't?" Hunter asked.

"No, I'll confirm to you what everyone has just been speculating, Roman and I are together. I haven't even talked to Sami since Rumble. I just honestly thought since he hit me with a chair, I'd return the favor I didn't plan this," I explained.

"You think what he said was real or just going with what was happening?"

"I don't know. I didn't think he saw me that way but I truly have no clue."