Chapter 57

Smackdown 2/24/23

Putting Everyone on Notice

By 9am the next morning we'd all gathered around the table for breakfast. It was peaceful and everyone was having nice conversations. I wasn't stressed out or worried about impressing anyone. I felt different though, like the course of the last four days since Smackdown had changed me. I could see myself before Friday and the me sitting here now felt like years had passed not days. The sound of arguing pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked down the table where everyone else was looking to the twins who were arguing over who was getting the last biscuit.

"Boys," Rikisha warned trying to get it under control but to no result. I had enough and I slammed my hand down on the table the sound echoing, silencing the room. All heads whipped in my direction as I glared down at the twins who now looked like they just got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

"Jey," I said.

"Eight," he answered.

"Five," Jimmy followed.

"It was six, it's Jimmy's," I stated. I could see Jey wasn't happy but he gave the biscuit to a smiling Jimmy who happily bit into the biscuit. All eyes moved back to me and Rikishi stared at me with his jaw dropped open.

"What?" I asked.

"I'd never seen that, where you got both them to stop fighting, pick a winner, and they moved on without so much as an argument back," Zilla said.

"I'd been trying to do that since they started talking," Rikishi finally found the words.

"Well, if you don't stop it before it really gets going, you have to listen about it for days, so we came up with a solution to it," I explained.

"Roman, you definitely found a real gem," Afa said and I almost felt embarrassed. I just didn't like listening to them arguing, and since they respect me, they responded to the solution.

"I know," Roman agreed his hand coming up to the top of my head then slid down my hair to my back. "If everyone wants to go the living room, I can show you more of what she has done for the family," Roman informed. The group cheered and started getting up.

"What does that mean?" I questioned turning to Roman totally confused.

"Let's go to the living room and find out," he said and he had that little smirk on his face that told me I wasn't going to be happy about this but he was going to enjoy it. Once everyone was in the living room, we all assumed our same spots as last night, Roman had Jimmy hook up his phone and I waited staring at the TV. A video started playing it was the one Rick recorded of me yelling at Jimmy after Jey left, Jey had never seen this video either.

"Seriously," I groaned slapping my hand over my face feeling embarrassed again. At least it wasn't a long video. I stared at the floor listening to it, I didn't want to watch.

"We're supposed to be the most dominate group we can't let one crack make us crumble to the ground......If it makes you feel any better, I'll yell at Jey too when I see him again." Those were the two lines that stuck out most to me and when the clip ended the room cheered.

"You don't have to keep selling me on her, because I'm sold," Jordon praised.

"She is definitely tough enough for this family," Jacob commented.

"What I want to know is did she yell at Jey when he came back?" Zilla inquired. I heard the question as I stared at Jey who looked like he'd been hit in the gut, I guess it did bring back some rough still open wound memories. I took my gaze off Jey and looked to Zilla.