Chapter 49

RAW 2/13/23

                                                         In the middle of it all

"Speaking of which how's The Wild One been handling all of this?" he asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat, my other big problem. The Wild One who's been sizzling to the surface so often, it's like she's constantly close by ready to leap at a moment's notice.

"I used to be good with managing it but because of current events everything's been a trigger for her. I feel her constantly over my shoulder. Sami was texting me yesterday morning and I ended up leaving the bus and beating up some equipment before Solo stopped me. He said I needed to get it under control, to find someone or something to help with it," I explained.

"I thought Roman was your anchor?" Jey asked.

"He is, but I also need to find one in myself. When she gets out, I know Roman can help me get her under control but it almost seems worse when she's just sitting there constantly on the edge of coming out. Like I told Solo I'll figure it out, something will help me understand what I need to do, I just hope it's before something really bad happens," I said.

"I got you Little Uce, whatever you need me to do, I'll do it," he said with sincerity in his voice and I could see it in his eyes.

"Thanks, but the only thing you can do for now is be here, with us," I told him.

"I'm not going anywhere," he assured. We were silent for a minute before I spoke up again.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything," he said.

"Out of all the places in the world you could have gone why did you go to my house?" I asked. The question had been plaquing me from the minute I heard he had gone there.

"I don't know, I just wanted to go somewhere where no one would think to look. All I wanted was peace and quiet and that made me think about your house and walking the trails of the woods. The second I thought about that I was on the plane."

"Even though you knew Linda would inform me of where you were?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mean I knew until you guys knew where I was, you'd be worried. But this way I knew Linda would tell you and I wouldn't have to."

"So not only did you leave me in the ring, put a hole in my wall, but you also told me to stay away from my own house," I said making sure I got all the facts correct. Jey looked down but I saw a smile on his face.

"I guess so, I'm sorry I just....," he said.

"I'm messing with you, I'm not mad," I interrupted him putting my hand on his arm.

"So let me ask you a question," he smirked at me.

"Alright," I said suspicious.

"How big of a blow up did Roman have about Sami kissing you on live TV?"

"I don't know," I answered.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"We haven't talked about it, or anything else that happened last night," I said. Jey didn't say anything just looked at me. "I tried to talk to him about it but he didn't want to, said we'd talk about it later, he was too mad. I'd never seen that look on his face before, it even scared me. So, I didn't try to push it."

"Wise choice. When Roman gets mad enough to not even speak, it's bad Little Uce, really bad."

"Thanks for making me feel so much better about it," I stated.