Dance(Prologue)

THIS CHAPTER IS THE EPILOGUE OF BOOK 1, THIS IS JUST A COPY AND PASTE TO MAKE THINGS NEATER, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ THIS OVER THERE, FEEL FREE TO SKIP IT.

FIRST CHAPTER COMING SOON

.

3 days post-war
.
Freya POV:

My head felt heavy and fuzzy as I slowly opened my eyes, being met with the familiar hut I lived in on Dragons Edge. Sunlight Illuminated the loft I slept on, signifying that the day has begun. I felt his arm wrapped around my waist, his other tucked under my head and my lips twitched upward a little. With his chest against my back, I slowly and tiredly twisted my body to turn around and face him.

Blinking away the morning haze my heart jumped into panic seeing the one face I hated most. I leapt back seeing Dagur's all too familiar face, grinning wickedly as he tightened his grip around me. I pushed against him, all my efforts in vain as his cold whispers are clear as day.

"He can't keep you from me anymore, Freya!" Dagur grinned excitedly "No one can stop us!"

My heart fell as I stared back into his eyes, terrified. My resisting ceased and my eyes widened.

"No...no, no, Viggo.." I muttered breathlessly, my eyes darting around the room anxiously, as if I was looking for him. My eyes settle on Dagur again, seeing his grin widen.

"What's wrong, Freya?" His face grows closer to mine, and some force stops me from moving away from him "Wake up, Freya"

"Freya! Wake up!" Viggo shakes me awake, whisper-shouting as he leans over me on the bed, trying to figure what's wrong with me. I shoot up, accidentally knocking his arm up and away from me. I sit up, panting as the adrenaline washed through my body in waves. I quickly look over at Viggo, seeing his confused and tired face. I can tell by the darkness of the room that it's most likely the middle of the night; A contrast to what i thought it once was.

I feel relief wash over me as I see him, throwing my arms around him quickly. I'm breathing fast and my heart is racing as I cling onto him, one arm around his back and the other draped over his shoulder. He slowly hugs me back, pulling me close to him.

"Breathe, darling... I have you," He says softly, putting one hand behind my head and running his fingers through my hair. I take a deep breath, shakely exhaling as I close my eyes, burying my face into his shoulder "It's just a dream."

"Just a dream..." I swallowed thickly, repeating his words to myself as I replayed the vivid images in my mind. It felt so real, I could hardly believe it was only a dream. I clenched my jaw a little, a bit upset with myself as I thought I could keep fighting him; Stop running from him. I thought I wasn't scared of him anymore, but clearly, I was wrong. I could feel Viggo's curiosity.

"It was Dagur. He.. Did something to you so he could have me," I whisper to him, just in a volume that only we could hear, even in this room by ourselves. I felt a little paranoid, my eyes shooting around the room as I cling onto him. He's silent for a moment before his hold on me tightens a little.

"You know that won't happen, right?" His voice is quiet, but his tone is grave and dark. I can tell he's angry, not towards me, but towards Dagur. I feel a bit of doubt creeping in, and I'm worried that there is even the slightest possibility that Dagur could hurt Viggo. Then I remember the things this man has done for me, tacking on the disappearance of Krogan and a feel a little better, but not enough to wipe away the fear.

"Right?" He reiterates, pulling away from the hug to look into my eyes. His face is slightly illuminated by the moonlight creeping in through the window hatch. He brings a hand up to my jaw, his palm under my chin as he tilts my head upward to look into his eyes. I press my lips into a thin line as I realize that he wants an answer.