Capable of Change

woah guys, it feels like it's been a year since I've last written!!!!......

-HAHAA I'm JK I hate that stupid joke.
Anyways, I hope your 2024 hasn't started out as dramatic as most people's. I'm hoping to actually start updating! and get this book more popular because we're kinda... we're kinda slim on the views ngl 😬😬 but that's my fault because I'm lazy and busy at the same time.

But anyway! things are starting to speed up starting with this chapter, so if you were annoyed with how slow it was (like me, hence the slow updates) then get excited because we're Abt to go mach 20.

But I hope you enjoy this chapter, and send a COMMENT OR TWO PLEASSSE I LOVE THEMMM

enjoy <3

.

"You're still in love with him, aren't ya?" Her father's words stopped her in her tracks as she made her way down the stairs. Freya could already see him with his back to her in the kitchen, most likely preparing breakfast. Her eyes darted away for a moment, widening, before flicking back to him. He turned around to face her, making eye contact. Watching her eyes flick towards the door, he raised his hands up in surrender as she made a haste step toward it.

"A-Alright, alright... You can leave if ye want," He held his hands up as a sign of peace, causing her to hesitate curiously "But I just want to talk,"

She gave him a nervous look, almost untrusting, before slowly stepping down the stairs to sit at the dining table. Stoick sat down across from her, a calm and solemn look on his face. Freya held her hands in her lap, her knee silently bouncing with anxiety. She looked down at the table, just to avoid his eyes, before swallowing thickly.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked, her voice waivering and quiet as she looked back up at him. Her words elicited a heavy sigh from him, seemingly of disappointment, which caused her to look away.

"No, I'm not mad... I just..." He hesitated, trying to choose his words carefully. A careful choice of words was never exactly his expertise. She looked back up at him with a look of hope. "You can't pick who ye love... And when ya visited me when I was injured... I heard ya,"

Her eyes widened at that. She disclosed that to him thinking he wouldn't hear; wouldn't remember. She wondered if that worked in her favor, after all.

"Y-You heard that...?" She asked, her voice slightly lowered as she stared at him. She made a mental note to try and remember every detail of what she said later.

"Every word," He assured her, meeting her gaze with sincerity. Now she really had to remember exactly what she said! She leaned forward slightly as he continued.

"When yer mother and I were young, we weren't exactly the most... Favorable couple," Freya cocked an eyebrow at that, a little confused. She had never heard much about her mother from him, let alone their relationship. "I wasn't the only one in love with her."

She began to study him carefully. He looked down at the table as he began to recount his memories, his voice filled with slight guilt. She didn't think she had ever been more intrigued in her life.

"Before Alvin was exiled ta Outcast Island, he was part of the council. He was my right hand man, ye know," His story made her think back to Gobber's story about Alvin and her father.

"I heard you two were quite similar," She added, her voice softened as she knew his exile and loss of a friend was hard on him. He nodded curtly, a sound of agreement coming from him.

"Too similar. We had both taken quite the likin' to Valka, but since Alvin had such a high status, I was advised not to pursue her," He nodded to himself, his tone also softening. He managed to crack a bit of a smile, a chuckle rumbling in his chest. "You can guess how that went!"