Protective

I'm just spewing chapters like it's no one's business.

enjoy <3

.

I've been sitting in the Center Hall for a while now. It has probably been about an hour since Viggo took the others to where they would be sleeping for the night. It was about midnight when they got here, so I wouldn't be surprised if the sun would be rising in about 6 hours. I feel like I've cried as much as I can over this, but I can't stop thinking of all the things he could have seen. It was terrifying, to say the least.

When I started crying an hour ago, Viggo sat me down in his large counsel chair, which was basically a throne. He sat in a chair right in front of me, our legs slotted between one another. His hand warmed the top of my thigh, his thumb rubbing slowly against it in a soothing motion. I remove my hands from my face, taking a deep breath. I can feel that my eyes are red, my sight blurry from lingering tears. His eyes trail over my face for a moment, a broken look in them. He then starts to stand, leaning down to take my hand. This shift in movement makes Venomous perk up from beside me.

"Come. We should be heading home," He encouraged, causing me to let out a small sigh and stand from the throne. Venomous slowly stood as well, sniffing me. It's sort of sweet that he made me sit in his chair, something I didn't notice in my crying fit. He wraps his arm around my waist, his arm tight. It's like every new threat against me makes his lock on my waist tighter and tighter.

We walk out of the Center Hall, the cool night air hitting me and bringing relief to my warm, tear-stained face. I wipe my cheeks again, resting my head against his shoulder in exhaustion. Once we get close to home, he points out a larger home beside it, one that he had told me on the tour was abandoned from the collapse.

"That is where they are staying for the night. I want you to know that," He informs me, and I simply nod, my eyes lingering on that house. Once we get home, he opens the door for me like always. Venomous and Sullivan wander in behind us, finding their corner and plopping down beside each other. Sullivan shifts towards her more as she lays there, her eyes shut as he watches her for a few moments. Their tails are curled around each other, a thing they do to their riders when they wish to keep them safe. The sight and thoughts distract me from the Dagur situation for just a little bit.

"I think your dragon is in love with my dragon," I muse with a small smile, giving him a look beside me. He instantly smiles upon seeing mine, turning his gaze back to them. Viggo rests his chin on the top of my head, keeping an arm around me at all times.

"Hm. They take after us, don't they?" He says with a small hum, the sound vibrating from his chest, through my body. My smile widens a little at that, and Sullivan finally closes his eyes to fall sleep. I wonder if that's what Viggo does when I fall asleep; watches me for a bit.

Now that's some stalking I wouldn't mind!- no, no not funny. Not funny.

I sigh and tense slightly, my lips falling back into a frown with my mind on Dagur again. Viggo notices this and guides me toward the bedroom. My fingers move to untie my corset, and they are removed soon after. He unties the strings behind me, silent as he does so. I look around the room, my eyes settling on the window. My eyes search every corner for vulnerability, as if the second Dagur finds the location of Marauder Island, he will appear.

One of the logs, which was most unsettling, had a brief description about the vulnerability and lack of security on one of the islands I stay at occasionally outside of the Archipelago. The fact that he was there terrifies me. What all has he seen? If he has been stalking me this long, there's no way he's respected my decency. On some of these islands, the only way to bathe was in lagoons! In nature!