Overwhelmed

hi!

Again, here like the day after I published last chapter. Writings fun now, like what??

btw COMMENTS PLEASE!

.

Freya POV:

I stood beside Ryker on the docks, watching the ships approach slowly. My eyebrows were slightly raised, impressed with today's turnout. It has been a few days since I moved here, and I was glad to be waking up next to Viggo again. I've gotten to know his brother, Ryker, a bit better as well. He seems like he's trying really hard to be a lot kinder, which makes me respect him a lot more. It's not easy for him, but he's doing well.

"Surprising amount of people today. What is that, over a hundred?" Ryker wondered out loud, matching my own thoughts. I nodded, tilting my head a little to get a better look at the ships in the back.

"Maybe even 200," I add, with a slight hum. Everyday, more and more ships have been coming to Marauder Island, carrying past Marauders who moved to different islands during the collapse of the business. I suppose word of Viggo taking over again got around and people were flocking back. The city was filling up rather quickly, which put more stress on Viggo, but it was for the best anyway. Besides, if we have to deal with Dagur in the future, we will need numbers.

After some time, the ships finally made it to the docks. They all seemed to be from the same island, one I couldn't recognize by the insignia on the sails. Ryker helped them dock, as well as a few civilians at the other docks beside us. Once the gangways started being set up, chatter and noise started to grow, lots of people reuniting with a few of the civilians and especially Ryker. As they start to walk past me, I give a forced smile, slightly overwhelmed with the amount of people.

I see one older lady step off that gangway at our dock, Ryker helping her off the ship as she points to me. He says something to her that I can't make out through all the noise around us. Whatever it was, though, certainly excited her because she grew the widest smile on her face. I knitt my eyebrows in confusion, watching a couple of the newcomers around the older lady share her look of excitement. They start to approach me, and I grin a little uncomfortably. The older lady takes my hands in hers when she approaches me, gently holding them. My smile falters slightly in confusion.

"Mrs. Grimborn! It is an honor to finally have a Marauder Chieftess after so long," She exclaimed in her gravely, yet sweet voice. My eyes widen at 'Mrs. Grimborn,' my lips parted slightly in surprise. I haven't heard that one yet and I wasn't exactly sure how to feel about it. Not that it necessarily... made me feel bad... in any way. I glance up at Ryker, who just grins at me, knowing what he did. I shoot him a quick glare which I can see he laughs off. I turn my attention back to the lady.

"Uh, T-Thank you, really, but I'm not.. Married to Viggo quite yet, so I'm not sure I'd be able to-" I try to explain, not wanting to mislead people into thinking I'm a leader in the Marauders when I've only just gotten here. What I thought would make this lady's hopes fall only excited her further.

"Oh! Yet! We haven't missed the wedding!" And with that she was called away by the rest of her family I assume, but that was certainly just the beginning of it, because her shocking words made it to everyone on the docks, and now a lot of eyes were on me. I was blushing, wasn't I? And this time, it wasn't only because of Viggo, but because of the attention as well. Great combo, really loving it.

As people started walking past me on the docks, they would bow their head to me, some shaking my hand, but all calling me either their new Chieftess or Mrs. Grimborn. By the time Ryker and I were able to leave the docks, it was near dinner time and people were leaving to gather in the Center Hall. I let out a sigh of overwhelm, walking with Ryker towards the inland and off the docks, which were quite massive. I ran my fingers through my hair and then down my face, trying to shake the blush.