Chapter 47

Be good to your wives🌹

University Hospitals Bristol & Weston NHS Foundation trust
Bristol, UK.

Habib and Jawaad arrived at the hospital three hours after. They met everyone in total dismay. Habib hugged his Abba and Umma and rowdily shed some tears. JD urged them to stay positive that nothing is going to happen to Uncle, he offered his mom some comfort as she placed her head on his chest.

"Where is Ikram?" JD asked when he noticed she wasn't in the room.
"She is in the laboratory. Taking her blood for a test, she is going to be a donor" Heba answered, pitifully looking at JD who stood by his mother's side.
"I was going to donate my blood for Abba. I'm O+ too" Habib abruptly said and the look Abba, Umma, and Hajiya shared was so distinct and not decipherable.
"We couldn't wait for you and we needed to start the treatment as soon as possible" , Umma said, masking her emotions.

A few minutes later, Ikiey came in with Dr. Hammad. She hugged her brothers immediately she sighted them, she would always be a baby in the midst of these two. Hammad also shook hands with them before everyone occupied their previous spots

"My blood is being tested. We have to be sure that it's safe. By tomorrow we will start the blood transfusion" Ikiey spoke, she was sounding more like a doctor than their lil sis.
"Are you sure Abooh would be fine? Stage II of multiple myeloma and I heard that's exactly what killed my grandfather" Habib is beyond worried for his father's health. He loves and adores this man a lot because he has been a father and also a friend all through his life. This old man right here has taught him so much about life and has built his love in his heart. He doesn't know what he would do without him as a father.

"This might be in the case of health hereditary. Someone who has a first-degree with the disease is at higher risk. Nonetheless, the outcome might be different here because chemotherapy would help manage the disease for as long as Baba lives" Dr. Hammad explained further and everyone agreed with his terms.
"Do not worry. I will be fine" That's Abooh's gruff and low voice. Putting up a smile that reached his eyes as if he wasn't going through enough pain as it is. Everyone returned the smile, with some nods.

"It's getting late. JD you should take Mama back home. BiBi you must be tired from the journey, go home with Hebs and I will stay back with Umma here in the hospital. There is nothing to call for an alarm, he will be just fine" Ikiey assured. While JD and Hajiya nodded, Habib insisted that he would stay back in the hospital with his Abba.
"Then maybe Aunt should go back home with Hebs. Besides, you've been in the hospital for two days now. You need to rest. I and BiBi will look after Baba" Ikiey suggested again but seems stubbornness runs deep in their blood.

"I won't leave this hospital without my husband. So don't worry, I'm fine here with him" Umma differed.
"Hebs, what about you?" Ikiey asked, with a low tone since she is mentally and physically tired from everything.
"I will stay back too," She said and everyone was fine with that, besides, the room is big enough to contain 20 people and they are only five including Abooh. Ikiey motioned to JD and Hajiya to get home safely and they exited the room.
"I will get going, but in shaa Allah I'll be in the hospital early before the blood transfusion," Dr. Hammad said and after exchanging nods, he left the room with Ikiey trailing behind him.

"Thank you, Dr. Hammad, for everything," Ikiey said to him, smiling weakly.
"You don't have to thank me. I must say, I'm proud of the doctor you are becoming" Dr. Hammad thinks she did well being a doctor and a niece. It's never easy as a doctor to watch your loved one suffering from a health condition without cure and he admires the deep relationship she shared with Baba, her uncle.
They shared a deep stare until they unlocked each other's gaze and waved each other good nights.

It was late at night, Umma fell asleep on the same sick bed beside her husband. The bed was big enough to accommodate both of them. Ikiey also laid on one of the extra beds that were brought into the room so all of them could sleep well.
The room was cozy as Heba slept peacefully on the other bed which was for her and her husband until she woke up at midnight and looked around the almost dark room. Everyone was peacefully sleeping except for her husband who wasn't on the bed. She got worried and flickered her eyes to the wide window by her side and she saw a well-figured man standing and peeking through the window.

She silently stood up and stepped over to where the man, she knew was her husband stood, more quiet so as not to wake others up.
She moved closer and only halted her steps when she was closely beside the man. When he felt a close presence, he flickered his eyes and it landed across his wife's face.
"You are up!?" He hushed, looking back at others still sleeping before he brought his eyes back and rested them on the woman beside him.

"Why are you still up?" She softly spoke, her voice as calm and gentle as possible, her eyes revealed some invisible sparks that could only be seen by Habib.
He is in a mess, he is troubled and he needs her now more than ever. Since he arrived they haven't had a proper conversation because of the circumstances at hand. Unable to say anything, he stared at her for as long as his heart wanted and she stayed suit, staring back as her heart wanted to.

"Nothing. I'm okay, you should go back to bed" He urged, motioning for her, not wanting to plunge her into his troubled mind.
"I understand what you feel" She started, ignoring what he had said. She doesn't want him to pretend to be fine when he isn't, she needs him to be vulnerable, she needs him to talk to her and even cry if needed. She just wants to comfort him and tell him all is fine, possibly look through the window, the glowing moon and scant stars out in the sky with him.

Habib helplessly looked at her as if she had something in her that could cure his heavy heart.
"I do not need you to claim perfection, or claim that you are the strongest. I need you to be just Habib Aman Dandachi, an amazing man with flaws. You are allowed to be vulnerable, just don't pretend to be fine" Her words were doing something to him, he grabbed her by the waist and helplessly hugged her tight. He hugged her like his life depended on it.

"I do not want to lose him. He has been a great father to me, I still need him" He cried out and Heba's eyes got misty, she could feel her own tears gathering but she needs to stay strong for her husband and Umma, someone needs to be strong and obviously it's her.

She patted his huge back and loved how he wrapped her in his arms in comfort. The action lasted for what seems like ages until she finally hushed some words out. "Nothing will happen to him, Babe. He will be fine. Remember, he is a strong man and a fighter. He is up to this MM task and he will overcome it" These were the words he needed to hear, just a little more assurance from someone, that's the only way he could believe it himself and he is even more grateful for the gift of Heba.

How would life be without her at this time!??

He can't even imagine. He tightened the hold and Heba did the same. After the longest night hug, they both rubberneck the stars and moon as they converse softly, it was memorable and enjoyable as the chilly wind blessed their skins before they made it to bed.

They had the best night wrapped in each other's hands till daybreak.

When will I experience this kind sweet love bayi?🥺🥲

Didn't see my 50 comments though
Should we stop the daily double updates?? Cause I'm not motivated🥲
Or should it be removed from wattpad so you will have to pay to read the remaining chapters on Okada or Selar??