Chapter 66

Unedited;

Sometimes, it's hard but we need to let go of certain people and embrace new ones.

Habib is now five months old and Asmau can't believe how time flies. She loves every growth of this young lad and she can't wait to see him become a full-grown man. The best thing ever is having to birth such a handsome boy and the best thing is being a mother to a child. She can't wait to be called, honestly, the world's best mother.
She was on a video call with Ummita who kept playing with Habib who was beginning to learn how to sit on his own. Ummita kept praising Asmau for being a strong woman and a good mother. They always keep up with each other on everything happening and Asmau can't be more grateful for the kind of people she has around her. Without their endless support, she doesn't know what she would have done or how she would have coped in such a cruel world.

They spent about 30 mins still on the video call when Usman's calls kept coming in. She kept rejecting_the idea to call him back once the video call ended but his calls were becoming too much and she got worried. "I'll call you back later, Ussy is calling," She said to Ummita who gave her permission and ended the call. Asmau quickly dialled Usman who picked up at the first ring.
"I guess you are busy but you need to get ready, I'll come to fetch you," Usman said immediately, something about his voice sounded off and Asmau knew something unusual was up.
"What's wrong? Where are we going?" She asked, almost immediately.

"Bad news! Baba Hamdan is dead. His janaza is in an hour!" He sadly replied and Asmau felt her cells withered away. Her expression fell and tears filled her eyes. "Inna lillahi wa inna illaihi rajiun" She whispered, feeling immense pain as the call came to an end. The last time they saw him was just two days back, he was in critical condition and this was expected but it is so hard to accept. The smile he flashed her, and how he had managed to carry Habib on his sick bed, all those thoughts came back running to her mind and she felt all types of emotions.

Lost another father, again!

She didn't know how to react, she only allowed her tears to drop as she quickly got herself and Habib ready to go to Dandachi's household.
Throughout the trip, her mind was bothered by Aman and how he must be feeling. She can't even imagine, but she knew he was in severe pain.
Time went on fast and Mr. Hamdan Dandachi, the truest and most loving person Asmau has ever come across was buried, peacefully.
It was indeed a painful loss but we say nothing other than that which pleases Allah; May Allah have mercy upon him, Aameen.

Aman went into hiding, in another word, he disappeared after his father was buried so he could grief alone. It was his thing, and he just wanted to cry without anyone asking him to stop, he wanted to be vulnerable without being asked to be strong, he just wanted to be alone even though he knew he was supposed to stay with Maryam who was having it tough too.
A week passed by and Asmau didn't set her eyes on Aman, she missed him, so much more than words could express. She wanted to be there for him during this agonizing time of his life just the way he was there for her when she was in distress. She wanted to comfort and tell him it was okay, he can survive, he just needs to breathe, the same way he had seen her through her tough time but he was nowhere to be found.

Only Usman knew where he was at, not even Maryam was allowed to visit him. Asmau spent the week consoling Maryam over her loss and Maryam sure appreciated it. The first week without a father would have been worse if not for her husband and Asmau who were there, all through it. Even her own brother was finding it hard to face her, but she won't reprimand him for anything since she also understood what he was going through. Despite the fact that they expected this, they weren't prepared for it.

The next day being a Wednesday, Aman appeared in front of Asmau, Maryam and Usman, forcing out a smile even though they all knew it was a facade. Maryam ran to him and hugged him tight, it was such an emotional sight for them all to see.
When everyone settled down, Aman and Asmau finally got a time to themselves. She wanted to say something but suddenly, was lost of words as if her mouth got shut in. After few minutes, she finally found her voice;
"I'm sorry!" She voiced out, and Aman slanted his gaze over to her.
"I'm sorry for your loss. May Allah grant Baba Jannah, he was truly a good man and... you are indeed his product" her voice remained calm.