Chapter 8

"I had you looking in the wrong section," Hermione spoke as she approached the three

"I had you looking in the wrong section," Hermione spoke as she approached the three. "How could I be so stupid?" She complained as she threw the massive book onto the table, frightening the other two while giving Y/n just enough time to pull his book away before the large one came crashing down. "I checked this one out weeks ago for a bit of light reading." She spoke as she sat down next to the Malfoy.

"This is light?" Ron muttered as they watched her page through the book, receiving a glare from the brunette before she focused on the book again.

Y/n just chuckled, he might have enjoyed his time back home but he did miss this lot. "There," Y/n pointed at one of the pages.

"Of course," Hermione shook her head as she read what Y/n was pointing at. "Nicolas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone," Y/n never got bored of how animated her facial expressions were, especially as she read the text.

"The what?" The two boys across from them asked in unison.

"Honestly," Hermione glared at them. "Don't you two read?" She asked, voice dripping with sarcasm as she looked at them.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance," Y/n spoke up as he shifted his gaze between the three. "Also called 'the tincture' or 'the powder,' sought by alchemists for its supposed ability to transform base metals into precious ones, especially gold and silver." Y/n continued before looking back at the book. "It also produces the 'Elixer of Life', which is believed to make the drinker immortal," Y/n shook his head before turning his attention back to his own book.

"Immortal?" Ron spoke up.

"It means you will never die," Hermione looked up at him, sounding absolutely condescending as she glanced at him for a moment before looking back at the book.

"I know what it means," Ron shot back, raising his voice before Harry quickly shushed him.

"The only stone currently in existence," Hermione began reading again as Ron glared at her. "Belongs to Mister Nicolas Flamel, the noted Alchemist. Who last year, celebrated his 665 birthday," Ron and Harry grew shocked at the age as they shared a confused look. "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the third floor, that's what's under the trap door, the Philosopher's stone,"

The table fell quiet as the three stared at each other for a moment until all three jumped when Y/n slammed his book shut next to them. "What?" He looked confused as they glared at him. "Did I miss something?" He chuckled when Hermione rolled her eyes.

"We need to speak to Hagrid," Harry mentioned as the three stood up and began to leave.

"Hermione," Y/n called out as he walked after the girl. "I got you a little something," He spoke as he took a small item out of his pocket and held it in the palm of his hand, waving his free hand over it and watched as the miniature handbag grew to a regular size.