Chapter 10

"She completely blew you off?" Y/n asked as he and Hermione caught up with the two

"Yeah, Dumbledore has gone to the Ministry of Magic," Harry told the two of them as they stopped walking for a moment. "That was no stranger Hagrid met, that was Snape which means he knows how to get past Fluffy," Harry spoke as he looked at Y/n.

"And with Dumbledore gone," Hermione began but was cut off before she could continue.

"Good afternoon," The voice of Severus Snape interrupted the quartet as he walked up to them. "Now what would three young Gryffindors... And a Slytherin such as yourselves," Y/n felt Snape's eye seem to single him out from the other trio, just like McGonagall had done before. "Be doing inside on such a day like this?" He asked, seeming to direct his question towards Y/n for an answer.

"The usual, kicking names and taking butts," Y/n smiled as he heard Ron and Harry coughing behind him, trying to hold back their laughter.

"You outta be careful," Snape almost whispered as he looked at each member of the quartet. "People will think you are," He paused as his eyes landed on Harry. "Up to something," Another whispered sentence as he looked at them, studying each of the four before turning around and walking off.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione asked as she tugged on Y/n's sleeve, not that he noticed since his mind was distracted at the moment.

"We go down the trap door," Harry spoke up as he turned to the three. "Tonight,"

"Why's the door unlocked?" Ron's voice whispered as they entered the room only to see a figure standing near Fluffy as a harp stood on one side, playing itself. With a big breath of air shooting from the giant dog's nostrils, the invisibility cloak was sent flying off of the trio.

"You guys finally made it," Y/n called as he stood near Fluffy.

"What's he doing here?" Ron whined as he looked at the Slytherin who had beaten them to the trap door.

"He is here because I am," Hermione glared at the Weasley before walking over to Y/n with Harry just behind her.

"How long have you been here?" Harry asked as he inspected the Harp.

"Just got here a minute or two ago, Fluffy was already out cold by then," Y/n never moved his eyes away from the large dog. "We need to move its paw," Y/n explained as they walked over to the trap door.

"What?" Ron growled as he stared at the two boys.

"Enough, Ron," Harry fired back this time. "Just get over here and help us," He ordered as the ginger-haired boy did just that. "Okay and push," The four of them all worked together and effortlessly moved the large paw off the door. Harry soon pulled the door open as the three of them inspected the entrance of the door. "I'll go first, don't follow me until I let you know it's safe,"