2: THE MARTINEZ MANSION

Mia resumed work as early as 7:00 a.m.

"Thank you" she told the customer who grabbed a bagel to go.

Larry's was not just a bar, it was a cafe during the day and a bar by night.

She started brewing coffee in the machine. The bar was filled with people trooping in and out.

She was pouring herself a cup of coffee and turned around to find Angelo smiling at her causing her heart to skip a beat.

"Hey" he said smiling.

"Hey" she replied.

"A cup of cappuccino please" he requested sitting on one of the bar stools.

"Sure" she nodded and spun around fast going to grab a coffee cup.

In less than a minute she arrived with the coffee with a serviette at its bottom and she handed it over to him.

"Thanks" he murmured bringing the cup to his lips.

"When does your shift end?" He asked putting the coffer on the table.

"Same time, late at night" she replied avoiding his gaze.

"I had hoped it was earlier so we could have time for a little chat" he murmured catching her hand on the counter, stroking it gently.

Mia glanced at his hands above hers which sent tingles down her spine.

She quickly pulled away taking in his new form. He had shaved, there was no hat and he was better dressed.

"Looks like you had a makeover last night, got through your depression?" She asked turning to face a customer to ask what she needed.

"Let's not talk about that please" he murmured shutting his eyes before reopening them.

"I believe I've seen you somewhere before" he stated sipping his coffee.

"You look familiar," he said staring at her with curious eyes and she finally turned to meet his gaze.

Someone suddenly rang the bell loud and the man glanced at the both of them before saying,

"Coffee, black. Make it snappy"

She ignored the man's rudeness whispering an excuse me to Angelo She turned to answer the customer.

"I guess I'll see you later" Angelo said dropping cash for his coffee on the table before leaving.

Mia's phone rang again and she raised it to her ear as she wiped the countertop.

"Hey mum" she greeted.

"Mia, how are you?" The woman on the other side of the phone asked.

"I'm good mum, how is the Martinez mansion?" She asked sarcastically.

"Mia, this has gone on for too long, Come back home"

"No can do mum" she replied whispering a thank you to the customer in front of her.

"There's a family meeting this evening, it's about the property" her mother informed.

"I'll pass, I don't want to get involved" she replied.

"You don't have to, just please be present?" Her mum pleaded and Mia sighed.

"Alright, I'll be there" she replied and her mum cheered on the other end before hanging up.

She was also curious and wanted to investigate who wanted her and her siblings dead.

Who wanted to wipe out the entire Martinez children? The person had to be close to them.