5: AN ADMITTED MARTINEZ

"Is it okay if I see him now?" Mia asked fidgeting.

"Of course, he should be conscious by now just please do not say anything that would make him tense" the doctor warned and she nodded understanding what he meant.

She walked into the room and found a nurse with an injection about to insert it into Jeffery's drip.

"What are you doing?" Mia asked and the nurse flinched turning around to stare at the scary woman.

"N..nothing.I'm just giving him some medicines" she replied swallowing hard. Amateur.

"What kind of medicine?" Mia asked closing in on the nervous nurse.

"Um…to reduce the pain" the burden replied nodding.

"Oh, I see" Mia smiled at the nurse and held out her hand. The nurse stared at her confused but seemed to understand and dropped the syringe in Mia's hand.

"You may leave, I'll give it to him" Mia smiled pointing towards the door.

"B…but you're not even a doctor" the nurse reasoned and Mia laughed.

"Neither are you" Mia replied watching the tense nurse who froze.

"Ah but I'm a nurse" the nurse replied as quickly as possible when she thought of a suitable response.

"We both know you aren't a nurse_____dear" Mia smiled placing her hand on the nurse's shoulder who had attempted to move back.

"If you don't want to go to jail____

Mia grabbed the girl by her collar and pulled her closer.

"Never come back here, or attempt to murder any of the Martinez. Tell whoever sent you that if I find them, I'll kill them. Even if I die trying" Mia warned glaring at the girl who was now a shaking mess.

The nurse stared at the crazy Martinez in fear, before pulling away from her grip and fleeing the room.

"W…what's happening" Jeffery murmured as he returned to consciousness.

"Jeff?" Mia called turning around to find him trying to sit up and rubbing his eyes.

"No…no you must lay down" She refused him sitting up and gently helped him back to a laying position.

"What did the nurse want?" He asked.

He had opened his eyes a few moments ago but only seemed to be fully awake now.

"She had tried to kill you with this" Mia informed holding up the injection.

"And you let her go?" Jeffery asked baffled.

"She seemed like she was forced, her actions were amateurish and careless" Mia waved off.

"I need to give this to the doctor and find out the type of drug this is" she informed watching the liquid in the little plastic bottle as it rolled around.

"Alright," Jeffery replied.

"I can't, I can't leave you alone, especially after what just happened" Mia replied not wanting to entertain the thought.

"I thought you were the target?" Jeffery asked confused.

"Apparently we are all targets" Mia shrugged.

The doctor walked in a few minutes later and she narrated everything to him.

"This is clearly a police case, We'll do what we can but cannot stop the police from getting involved" the doctor informed and Mia nodded in agreement.

"I'll take this to the lab, so they can test it" he informed waving the syringe before leaving the room.

"How are you feeling?" She asked coming to sit beside him.