7: TO TERRIFY A MARTINEZ

"We should report this to the police" Angelo advised and looked up when Mia didn't reply. She was crying.

"It's okay, nothing will happen to you or your siblings" he watched her tears and hesitated before hugging her.

"I hope so" she whispered wiping her tears.

"Who would do this and why, how did they get into my house?" She questioned

"Whoever it was, is sure to strike again and it's not safe for you to stay here," he said patting her back softly.

"But____where will I stay?" She asked while thinking.

"Can I stay at your place?" She looked up.

"Of course, if you want to and I think that's a good idea" he replied.

"What if they trace where I am and find me in your house, No I don't want to put you in danger" she murmured.

"Don't worry they can't trace you, besides It's better than sleeping here alone after what happened tonight okay?" He reasoned.

"You're right, I'll pack a few clothes" she said and Angelo nodded releasing her from the embrace and she went into the room.

He took another look around the room while walking around it.

There were broken picture frames on the ground. He picked up one of the pictures, it was of her and a guy.

He stared at the picture puzzled.

He found another picture and raised it, it was of her and the same guy. It looked like they went skateboarding.

There were pictures of her and some other guys but mostly this one.  He stared at the scattered photo album scrolling through the pictures.

He found one that looked like a family picture and the same guy was also here.

Was she seeing someone?

He found another picture of her and a little boy, no less than eight.

Was she married, was that her child?

The picture seemed recent.

He shook the thought from his head She didn't look older than twenty five and the child looked around eight.

Did she marry earlier and have a child before or after the marriage?

He shook his head not wanting to think too deeply about it.

What was the person looking for that they had to scatter the house, or did they just intend to scare her?

There were shattered glasses and ceramics everywhere. The person really made a mess of the place.

He held two pictures in hand, one of her and the child and the other of her and the guy.

"Hey I'm done" Mia said and he turned around.

Mia had a small luggage in her hand and stood at the doorway.

"Let's go" she murmured.

"Wait, I don't mean to pry____but could you tell me who these people are?" He asked raising the pictures.

"Who do you think they are?" She asked staring at the pictures.

"I don't know, maybe your ex and your son?" He asked and she laughed.

"Of course not silly, that's my nephew and my brother" she replied.

"But why do you guys have so many pictures together?" He asked.