6: LETTING IN A NON-MARTINEZ

"What?" Carmen asked and Mia raises an eyebrow.

"Fine, I….I think he's really handsome and I don't know, he piques my interest" Carmen shrugged with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"But you don't even know him" Mia added.

"I know, but since he was brought in unconscious last night, I could only pray he wouldn't die" Carmen murmured raising her eyes to meet Mia's.

"Are you for real" Mia laughed.

"Ye….yeah" Carmen replied nervously resuming sipping her coffee.

"Carmen, I'll love to talk more but I have a job I need to get to" Mia said smiling at the nurse.

"Well aren't you the owner of the bar or something?" Carmen asked. She had though Mia was joking earlier when she said she was a bartender and assumed she probably owned the bar.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" Mia smiled before leaving the room.

*—CHAPTER 4—*

Mia hopped into her car and drove off, she noticed her fuel level was low, and quickly turned into a gas station before driving home. Not the Martinez mansion, her home.

An hour later she arrived at her apartment, kicking off her shoes she rushed into the kitchen.

Yesterday had been hectic and she knew she wouldn't have made it in time for she and Angelo's chat.

She made a quick sandwich and began stuffing it into her mouth. A forced breakfast.

She set her alarm for seven a.m, it was currently a few minutes past six.

She fell on the couch and shut her eyes hoping to get a few minutes of sleep.

●●●

The alarm blared loudly as if it hated Mia and despised that she was asleep.

Mia groaned and reaches her hand out for the alarm to snooze it but couldn't seem to find it.

She turned and turned searching for the annoying thing, she finally sat up her eyelids begging not to open.

She defiled them and turned off the alarm.

She shoved her face into her palm and groaned loudly. Why did she have to work today?

She was so damn tired and was already feeling cranky.

She forced herself up and into the shower, sluggishly entering her room, she didn't care what to wear and just picker whatever before throwing it on.

She forced her hair into a bun and stood infront of the mirror.

She groaned at her look before going to find something else to wear.

After she found a more decent fit, she did her make up and left the house locking the door behind her.

She started the car and drove slowly still sleepy until she arrived at the Bar.

She entered through the back door only to find an angry Larry waiting.

Of all days for him to show up.

"You're late" he gritted.

What a polite way to greet good morning.

"I'm sorry sir I had an urgent…

"No excuses" he waved up his thick Italian accent evident.

"Now, you go do shift till night, I give you a day off and you disspoint me" he ticked his tongue while shaking his head.