3: ASSASINATE THE MARTINEZ

Mia made her way to the kitchen hearing shouts.

"Make sure the plates are extra shiny!"

"Don't put the spoons together!" Rozelle commanded one of the servants.

"Mum?" Mia called and Rozelle turned her attention to the voice.

"Miranda! My baby, how are you" She asked engulfing Mia in a hug.

"Mum I'm good, how are you?" Mia asked smiling.

"I'm alright dear" Rozelle returned the smile.

"Care to fill me in on the menu?" Mia asked watching the servants move quickly, the aroma of the food wafting to her nose.

"Coconut cream pie for dessert, enchiladas dessert Chile ajo…"

"Mum, aren't enchiladas too much for dinner?" Mia asked raising a brow.

"This family doesn't find anything heavy, although they behave positively, they are big eaters" Rozelle laughed.

"Alright mum, if you say so" Mia said licking her lips slightly remembering the taste of her mum's enchiladas.

"Then the appetisers?" Mia asked.

"Quesadillas" Rozelle smiled.

"The kitchen already smells wonderful, I can't wait" Mia cheered kissing Rozelle's cheeks before leaving the kitchen.

She pushed through the crowd before bumping into Catherine.

"Cathy?" She called trying to recall if it was her 'twin' sister.

"OMG! Mia?" Cathy asked hugging her.

Catherine had grown but was a little immature back then, since Mia was born a few months before her, Cathy was treated like a baby and was spoilt.

"Did you bring Jr. Martinez?" Cathy asked as she finally released Mia.

"No, he's at a camp" Mia replied.

"You still considering being a nun?" Mia asked.

"No, but I might just never marry" Catherine shrugged.

"Just looking to get my share of the property and invest it and become a rich independent woman and maybe join the army" Catherine shrugged.

Though she was younger than her, Mia had always admired Catherine's way of planning ahead and having backup plans.

"I can definitely imagine you in the army" Mia smiled.

"Of course, who says you need a man to live a fulfilled life?" Catherine laughed and Mia laughed a little her mind drifting to what Catherine had just said.

Mia took a seat on one of the empty chairs nearby already tired of walking in her heels.

Her thoughts remained with what Catherine had said. Of course she couldn't work in a bat forever, she needed something to keep her running without having to depend on the Martinez riches.

She was so deep in thought she didn't notice that someone was calling her until he tapped her and she turned to see one of her uncles.

"Uncle Ferdinand"

"Mia dear, why are you sitting here all by yourself, when you have your entire family here?" Ferdinand asked turbine her to face him and he squatted beside her.

"You're right" she faked a smile.

"You sure there's nothing wrong?" He asked.

"I'm fine I promise" she lied. There was something definitely wrong, the life she was living wasn't one she wanted and this whole damn Martinez family, she really didn't want to be here or get involved with any of the family issues.

WEALTHY BUSINESS On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara