25.

DAWN DRAKOSSeattle, Washington

DAWN DRAKOS
Seattle, Washington
. . . 

"It doesn't look that bad," 

Damon lied straight through his pearly white teeth, My skin was iced cold and I couldn't stop shaking, despite Damon's jacket over my shoulders and the heat being up in my house. 

It was an hour after the attempted robbery on Satin & Matte, Damon drove me home after my check-in with the paramedic who was at the scene and we still couldn't beat the paparazzi. They were like piranhas at sea. 

After I went down, the robbery lasted less than ten minutes before the police arrived, no one was hurt, no jewelry was stolen and everyone left unharmed. Besides me, and of course, I injured myself. 

Tears prickled the corners of my eyes, looking at the purple bruise forming on my forehead. I lifted the blood stain bandage. 

"It looks horrible," my throat tightened, and I couldn't stop shaking and a dozen what-ifs paced through my head. I placed my hands flat on the counter, Damon hadn't left my side since we entered my house. 

He stood outside the bathroom entrance, watching and examining because I knew he didn't believe the words that left my mouth when I told him I was fine.

"Please don't cry, he'll kill me if he thinks I've made you cry," A small tear fell and a grim smile touched my lips. 

"Sorry," I kicked off my heels, walking over them until I touched my bed, this felt like a dream of sorts. My parents will look at the front cover of that magazine tomorrow and I can think of the conversations being held. 

My mother would say it was an embarrassing look on the nations, that I'd even put myself in that predicament while my father would make it about politics and gun control laws. 

My eyes focused on the modern painting on the wall, my body trembled and I was scared. No matter how much you prepare yourself for something, it seems even more scary when it happens. 

I guess that's how life works. 

"Let me get you some water," Damon mumbled before leaving my room, I hated feeling scared. 

Fear was an evil emotion and I'd fucking hated it, I heard the faint slam of the door, Damon was probably lost, but it went over my head and my thoughts raced around like cars on an F1 race track. 

Still, my heart skipped a beat, and Loki jumped from his spot on the floor when the door to my bedroom opened. When he entered, I registered his dark hair and eyes dark enough to cause a storm. 

"Roman?" my heart gradually slowed as I stood from my bed. "What are..."

"Are you okay?" he demanded, In two long strides he was in front of me, his hands on both sides of my arms scanning me from head to toe. 

His expression made me melt, concern flooded his eyes and worry crossed his expression. Damon must've called and let him in. 

"A little shaken but I'm fine," a small sigh left his lips but his eyes locked on the bandage on my head.