26.

DAWN DRAKOSSeattle, Washington 

DAWN DRAKOS
Seattle, Washington 
. . . 

There was something about the rain that I found comfortable, It was supposed to calm you down but at that moment, my knee couldn't stop shaking beneath the table. 

The past few days after everything was blissful, and Roman hadn't left my side since, he spent the night over at my house for the last four days. My finger tapped the rim of the coffee cup, looking at my untouched muffin. 

My ten o'clock meeting was canceled,  and I thought this would be a good time to get coffee with Nathan, With Aslyn's birthday celebration tonight I knew I wouldn't have time to meet with him. 

The door opened to the coffee shop and the bell rang for the fifth time since I'd been there, I didn't bother to look back. I hope Nathan isn't standing me up. 

I'd been here for thirty minutes, we agreed to meet at ten thirty. My office was just down the street and I was a little excited I arrived early.

Nathan was one of those siblings who just lived in our house, he did what he was told no one hardly spoke to him but he was always closer to our brother Ryke, they were closer in age.

Ryke was the outgoing brother, while Nathan was the quiet bookworm. Whenever I tried to converse with him, he just seemed like he didn't want to be bothered. Maybe it's my fault I didn't try.

"Hey, sorry I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long," I looked up as Nathan approached the table as if I spoke him up right on cue, his chestnut hair was damped from the rain, and the brown sweater had droplets of rain on it. 

"I was starting to think you were gonna ditch me," I giggled, finally taking a sip of my pumpkin spice latte, I thought it was needed to switch up from my casual drink since it was fall, one of my favorite seasons. 

"I wouldn't dare, I'm not familiar with this shop, what should I get?" He placed his coat jacket on the back of the chair and pushed his soft curls out of his face. 

Oh my god, I love this question! "They have an amazing banana nut muffin, that would go great with a French vanilla latte, and their breakfast croissant are amazing," 

His smile deepened, I loved it when people asked me for suggestions or for shows to watch and books to read. I got so excited like a kid in the candy store. 

He went to order and came back with everything I suggested, when he took a seat silence covering the table I was stuck with a sheepish smile. This is why I was nervous to meet with him, we never talked before and the only thing we probably had in common was our family trauma. 

"So, how are you?" I broke the silence, crossing my legs beneath the table. I was wearing a light pink long-sleeve shirt and the back was backless, it pairs well with my black flared dress pants and these adorable pink heels. 

"I have been well, Dawn," He smiled softly before he took a bite of the muffin. "Holy shit this is good!" 

"I told you!" I took another sip of my coffee before speaking again, "So where are they going to assign you this time?"