Chapter 14 - Kimonos

A/N: I'm getting back into the flow of things! Plus I have yet another idea for another fic that I can't wait to write. I refuse to have more than two fics at once however, writing multiple at once on previous accounts has never ended well for me. That being said, if there's anything romantic that you would like me to write between y/n and Kyojuro then please do leave a comment! I hope you enjoy!

---

"Aw, it's so like him to help you!" Mitsuri squealed as she walked through the streets with y/n, discussing the events of the day before. Of course, y/n skipped the last part, a blush cast itself on her face at the memory. It should have been obvious from what occurred, but she still couldn't help her nerves as she wondered if there were any feelings involved. "It's also very much like him to push you past your limit, he did that with me all the time." She giggled.

"Really? What was he like when he would train you?" Y/N was curious, as she had a difficult time until that moment that she would never dare tell anyone about.

"Intense." She frowned with wide eyes at the memory, immediately smiling as she remembered it fondly. "I remember we'd go for days sometimes, I'd want to eat but he'd never stop, even if he was hungry too...In the end it was worth it as I think I've reached my goal, and it was such an amazing experience, I'm lucky he chose to train me." She smiled dreamily, remembering the whole reason why she had joined the demon slayer corps in the first place.

"Your goal?" Y/N questioned, curiosity sneaking up on her. "What was your goal?"

"I joined the demon slayer corps to find a husband stronger than me." She blushed at the idea, while y/n looked at her in shock. That was...a surprisingly wholesome reason to be running around killing demons. While most searched for revenge, she was looking for her other half...No wonder she was the love hashira.

"You said you think you've reached it?" Y/N questioned, hoping it meant that the woman next to her had found her happiness that she seemed excited for.

"I think so!" She spoke loudly, energetic as she thought of a certain someone. Y/N couldn't help but smile as well, she was happy for the hashira. A moment later, the two ladies had bumped into another colleague of theirs. A hashira, y/n could tell based on the aura of the male. "Oh! Hello Obanai!" The love hashira spoke, her attitude even more cheerful than before, if that was possible.

"It's...nice to see you Mitsuri." He blushed behind his bandages, though no one would ever be able to tell. Y/N was however too distracted by the snake that was moving around the hashira's shoulders, grinning at her as it made eye contact. When the man looked to his right y/n's attention left the snake as they made eye contact. For a moment she forgot to bow her head, nervously doing so as he began to glare.

"I've heard of you. Didn't your village get destroyed because of your incompetence?" He interrogated, his eyes softening with regret only when he heard the high pitched gasp of the strawberry haired girl beside him. Y/N clenched her teeth as her jaw shifted, his words hitting her more than they should have. She was sure that she'd be having a toothache later on.

"Don't you think that's a bit mean? We should show love to those with their homes destroyed!" Mitsuri's attempt to defend the lower ranked slayer gained the attention of the bandaged male again.

"A demon will say more hurtful things than I ever could, if she can't handle it then she should not be part of our ranks. Someone who fails to save even a single person in a whole village of people shouldn't even be considered worth joining." He spoke, not daring to make eye contact as he knew how his words hurt. "If it were up to me she'd be on her own." He hissed, pretending as though he wasn't ashamed of his words. He knew that behaving this way wouldn't do him any favours, but he didn't feel he should believe it. However the love hashira continued to speak, lecturing him as she defused the situation. Y/N couldn't help the frustration that she felt reached the hatred plaguing her heart, it was strange as the words of other people would never get to her before.