Chapter 50 - Supernova

A/N: The final chapter! It's been fun. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it (never trust wattpad's autosave, I had to write this chapter twice...) There will be an author's note after this chapter explaining a few things as well as the possibility of book 2 (3 and 4, I thought that far ahead) Hope you enjoy the ending!

---

Anxiety and stress sent shockwaves through y/n every time she paced back and forth in her jail cell. She didn't even know how long it had been since she had gotten left here, but it definitely wasn't too long. Her heart ached from the fact that Kyojuro had once again tricked her, thinking that somehow she was better off here. It annoyed her that she had been planning for this for so long, only to be stuck here. Whenever one of the few corps members would pass by she would demand that they let her out, only for them to run away.

"Please. I need to join them." One time she tried to be more calm and sympathetic. Still, frustratingly, she was left with the same result. The person would just silently run away and act as though they never heard a thing of what she said. Anger annoyed her as she began to feel stuck, suddenly claustrophobic. Her hands went to her head as her eyes focused on the floor, attempting to think of a way to get out. Distress stopped her from noticing the gentle, quiet footsteps of someone approaching until the very last moment. When she noticed another person standing on the opposite side of the bars, her eyes widened.

"Nezuko?" The demon was surprised to have the young girl visit, her hands moving back to her sides.

"Hello, lady y/n. I thought you were fighting along with the other hashira?" Her voice was gentle and it relaxed y/n a little bit, but didn't distract her fully from her goal.

"I was, and I am..." Y/N admitted, starting to pace lightly once again. "Kyojuro, the flame hashira, trapped me here."

"Maybe it was for a good reason? It can be challenging for a demon to fight against other demons..." The galaxy Hashira was too distracted and overwhelmed to take into account the excuse Nezuko had made from the information she got.

"Maybe you can let me out?"

"I don't know if that's a good idea..."

"Please? I need to do this."

After a small moment of hesitation, Nezuko agreed to help her. Although still unsure, she knew how tough this fight was going to be and how much help they would need to win this fight. She was sure that y/n would be able to handle it.

"I will go and see if I can find a key. I will be as quick as possible." Nezuko decided, swiftly turning away to locate someone who might be holding a key to y/n's cell. While the demon knew it wasn't that long since Nezuko had left, she became impatient as she was aware of how every second was crucial. Every noise had her on edge as she hoped that each sound would indicate that the girl was returning. It felt like an eternity before Nezuko came back, unlocking the door and opening it for her.

"Thank you." Y/N gave the girl a quick, comforting hug before grabbing her uniform and placing it over her clothes. There really wasn't time to get undressed and the temperature still didn't bother her much. Lastly she gripped her sword, quickly sheathing it before running off to track which way the corps members who were fighting went.

"Good luck!" Nezuko called with a wave, smiling supportively. She hoped that everyone would come back safely, worried herself about what the outcome might be.

But in such a hurry, y/n didn't even give herself time to notice how her sword's ore failed to change colour like it once had.

When y/n got out it was luckily still night. The air was fresh and rewarding, but she couldn't enjoy it as she had to figure out how to follow her colleagues into battle. She started by figuring out who most likely would have any information about how to get there. At first she attempted to ask multiple different corps members, but they would then panic and tell her she wasn't meant to be there. It was useless to question them, she realised. So her next bet, was either the flame hashira's family or the butterfly mansion. She had no idea who would have the most information, but eventually settled for the butterfly mansion, hoping it wouldn't waste her time. The people there were focused on medicine and so, she was sure that the insect hashira must have been the one with the most information, as she had to weigh out the risks.