Chapter 27 - Recall

A/N: I hope you're having a great day!

---

The nights had gotten to their warmest, as a month later it had become the middle of summer. Usually the temperature would have been cumbersome, but being a demon, it didn't bother y/n at all. She hummed happily to herself as she moved toward her next target, still snacking on a finger as if it were a carrot from her victim in a previous town. She was proud of herself as she had grown strong at a rapid pace, thanks to Gyutaro and Daki. When she had first become a demon, she was so lost and clueless. If it weren't for them, she would never have made it this far so fast.

For a while she remained with them, learning all their tricks and finding her own unique way of hunting. For three weeks, they had eaten together and quickly, became great friends. Daki had offered her the opportunity to join her in her enriched position within a house of the entertainment district, but for y/n, it wasn't her speed really. Though she had appreciated the offer, she chose to remain in the shadows for most of the killing along with the experienced demon's older brother. It was tougher to become friends with him, as he truly believed that he wasn't worth the effort. Building his confidence had taken some time, but they were quickly all eating meals together.

"Hah, I got the best looking one again!" Daki laughed joyously. They had made it a game, a challenge to find the best looking human to eat, and she wasn't allowed to cheat using her belt. "I am the best!" Her ego was at first tough to get used to, but when you could look past it, she truly was extremely nice. At least to demons.

"Great job, Daki!" Y/N chuckled, realising her human was the worst for the first time. Needless to say, Gyutaro was surprised at becoming second place. His kill also ended up with the best flavour.

That was the last time they had eaten together, and it was such a fun memory. She had announced to them that she wished to explore. Besides the playful teasing of her being the sore loser, they were supportive of her change. By far, they were two of the most motivating demons y/n had ever met. However Daki had become sad, as having her there had been the most fun she had had in a very long time, easily decades. As a result she had made y/n promise to return to them once a week for their game night, the game obviously having to do with killing and consuming beautiful humans.

It hadn't even been a week yet, but one more night and it would be. She would return to them with a much improved hunting style. That was one thing y/n had missed out on. It was so easy for all three of them to hunt, she hadn't really been able to develop her own way of killing. But she was really getting into it now, seeing the benefit of being alone as Akaza had once told her. She wandered uphill with a smile on her face, finding a village filled with mainly women. They seemed religious, of what faith, she couldn't tell. But she could tell, however, looking at the females wandering around, Daki would love it here. The selection of beautiful people was almost too many, and there was a vast selection of blood types that tingled her senses. Maybe she should bring back a souvenir? Of course, she couldn't take full human bodies without attracting attention, but maybe a pretty piece of jewellery from one of them would work...

Now, she grinned as she walked through the streets, being noticed by a few as they admired her confidence. Which one should she eat? She had already decided on a woman, as men's decorations here were quite plain and there was no use for them as a gift. E/C eyes scanned the people before finding one that stood out above the crowd, she walked with others holding her. They blessed her with compliments as they headed towards a palace that stood out above the rest of the buildings. She was radiant and had extra jewels on her person, valuable and rare. Y/N grinned. That one. Slowly she stalked the woman as she passed the palace and into a nearby building, finally alone as she worked on her appearance.