Chapter 29 - Blood Demon Art

A/N: I had a rough time writing about how y/n learns about her blood demon art. I tried writing it in different ways, but making it flow was awkward. I'll definitely be coming back to edit this chapter one day, any advice would be appreciated!

---

Nights had started to grow cooler and slightly lengthen, signalling the coming end of summer. It had been yet another month, and in that time y/n hadn't been able to see Doma. She had just been busy was all, and it was a fitting excuse. All because she was focused on tracking this "K" person. As she hunted, hoping it was worth it, she had grown in power and at a rapid pace. She had really gotten into the swing of things once she had everything figured out. Despite however busy she became, she still made time to visit Daki and Gyutaro, as the help they had offered her at the start had become the stepping stones to where she was.

Crickets chirped as the night had only started, every now and again a firefly would light up the space. Y/N was following train tracks that somehow felt nostalgic to her, painful even. It caused an emotional distress she couldn't control, however it persuaded her to follow along it's path. Really, it wasn't long before she came across a train station that seemed to be quite hectic for so late in the day. People were running for their final trains before they risked getting stuck here. Y/N grinned. She'd eat any of them that failed to catch their transport, that would teach them to run faster.

R.

The demon practically gasped at the echoed letter scalding her mind. It triggered a sharp headache that was only there momentarily, and she knew she had found another letter that belonged to the person she was looking to. KR. She frowned as she walked towards the station, the dread now uncontrollable. There was something here. Something important. But what? People sped past her as she entered the station. That was when she notice a girl and her grandmother working in their store. Something about them was familiar. Two of the few humans she'd want to spare.

"Oh, hello again!" The young girl noticed her as she approached, smiling at her happily. Y/N froze in her steps, not expecting such a warm welcome. She had met these people before, definitely in her human life.

"Uh, hello." The demon replied, watching as the two smiled warmly at her.

"It is nice to see you again, I hope everything went well the last time you were here." The old lady offered comfort, but her words were only confusing.

"Last time?"

"Yeah, you were in an awful hurry. I hope that you demon slayers solved the problem, we've had no trouble since!" She let out a small joyful laugh, her glasses reflecting the light. So she was a demon slayer...She forced a smile. It was something at least.

"I'm glad I was able to help..." Her stomach growled slightly, luckily quiet enough that the two shopkeepers didn't notice. Maybe she shouldn't get her food from here...She wasn't one for fast food anyway. "I guess I'll see you around." She muttered, recieving a joyous goodbye before she left the station and into the night. Y/N followed the tracks again, knowing they would take her to her upper rank friends. It had been about a week since she had last seen them.

The liveliness of the entertainment district had become like a sense of home for y/n. She didn't really have anywhere to go and she had spent the longest time here. Humans recognised her now, conversating with her and with offers of places in their houses to make her into a perfect woman. Of course, she always rejected their offers with as much respect as she could. They were usually nice about it and anyone who wasn't, or attempted to be slightly forceful...Well, Daki and Gyutaro were happy to take care of them. Y/N smiled as she followed the familiar path, excited to meet with her friends again. She walked into the house easily, with welcomes and young girls bowing happily at the sight of her as she headed to their oiran's room. They loved when y/n would appear, as their oiran would always be in a better mood than usual.