Chapter 32 - Guard

A/N: The wife and child of Muzan are the ones from the first season of the anime, they most likely died once he was done with them in the show, but I've kept them alive since it was never confirmed. It's a bit of a shorter chapter this time, sorry about that! And thanks a lot for 2K reads on this fic! It means a lot! :D

---

Who would have thought that Muzan, the first demon, the man who contained the most evil of them all, would have a wife and a child? That's what y/n felt as she wandered into the cafe with the man next to her. In public he displayed normal gentlemanly manners.

"After you." His voice was charming as he held the door open for y/n. Following along with his act, she gave him a smile with a nod before walking in. The smell of coffee and baked goods hit her like a shockwave, if she was human it would have been enough to make her want to eat the whole shop. As a demon, none of it smelled good. It almost made her feel sick. The realisation of this made her disorientated, and so, she accidentally bumped into a human male.

"Watch it!" He snapped, towering over her. Y/N didn't respond as the man began yelling at her. It was fine, he could say all the curses he wanted, she would just remember his face and make him suffer later. His angry comments to her halted fast, as the fellow demon stood next to her. His harsh glare to the man scared him into an apology before speeding out of the café.

"Don't cause a scene." Muzan growled, leading the way to the family he had made for himself.

"Mama they gave me crayons!" The loud voice of a child caught her attention, as she looked to the small family. The child jumped up and down on her seat with excitement, her hair, tied back with pastel pink ribbons, copying her movements. "I'm gonna make a drawing for papa!"

"That's wonderful! I'm sure he'll love it." The mother chuckled, watching as her daughter's full concentration transferred onto the piece of paper in front of her. The sight warmed y/n's heart, casting a gentle smile on her face.

"That mother and her daughter are my wife and child. You are to guard them as in this form I own a high end company and there is a target on their backs because of it. Of course, the secrecy of who we are couldn't be better maintained, but in the off chance something goes wrong, you will be there." The demon king informed, making y/n question what the company he owned was. "They know me as Tsukihiko, so from now on address me as such. You are already aware of what is at stake so do not dare to disobey." His tone irked y/n a small piece, treating her like someone stupid and unimportant. If their identies were so well hidden what was the point of having her watch them? She'd only end up pathetically following them around. What was she, a dog?

"No, but if you want to be I can give you the embarrassment of a collar." The joke was bitter, and it made y/n stop her thought process in humiliation. That's right...He can read her mind...

"Rei, honey, I have someone I want you to meet." He spoke to her with such an admiring, gentle tone. Of course there was no way the woman could tell that it was a demon she was in a relationship with.

"Papa!" Muzan, Tsukihiko, let out a light laugh as the girl moved from her chair to see him. The little girl was in such a hurry and excitement that she nearly tripped on her way to see him. Of course, he caught her, because there was no way he wouldn't.

"Hello, my little dumpling!" Y/N had to admit it, if she was an average human, she would fallen for the act too. He looked like your average loving father, unless you could sense it you would never know what he really was. "What have you been up to today?"

"We went shopping after school! I got new toys and some candy! Then mama said we were meeting you and now I'm drawing a picture for you!" The demon king let out a light laugh, leaning over the table with fake curiosity to see the drawing. Once the child realised she yelled out. "No don't look yet it's meant to be a surprise!"