6 - Detective Maurer

Nathaniel

"Alright, what do we have here?" My co-worker, David, asked one of the Swiss detectives the moment we arrived on the scene.

The detective was about 5'6, fair skin and light brown hair.

"You must be the Americans, I am detective Chiara Maurer. It's nice to meet you." She introduced herself, extending an arm before shaking hands with all of us.

She started explaining about how she was the leading detective of this case and started showing us around the crime scene and explaining what she and others have uncovered.

"We really appreciate your help, if any of you have any questions feel free to contact me." Chiara said, handing me her business cards.

We gave her a thanks before she left the crime scene, giving us the whole place to ourselves.

"That chick was hot." Ryan Hubert proclaimed as soon as he knew she wasn't within earshot to hear him.

"Quit it, Hubert." David warned him just as he gave him a playful smack in his shoulder.

"I'm just saying, it's not everyday you get to see a hot lady cop."

"Whatever, man. So where do we start?" He asked, right after he brushed off Ryan's statement.

"Here, duh!" Ryan commented in an overly sarcastic tone and started chuckling when David smacked him again.

The two kept bantering and I barely tuned out their noise and started looking for some clues.

Obviously, there were no cameras inside the room, only outside facing the door.

Since the crime scene hasn't been fully concluded, it wasn't cleaned yet and boy, did it stink.

There was a lot of blood on a particular place, specifically one that was next to a desk that, I guess, he had been in before the assassin came in and killed him.

The wall behind the desk also had a splotch of blood and the desk had some scratches that was most likely because of nails, which suggested that the man had fought for his life before meeting his demise.

I dug through my pocket before fishing out my black light flashlight and walking towards the nearest light switch and turning it off.

"Close the curtains." I ordered the two, they stopped their banter and started closing the curtains as I turned on my black light.

I looked around until I saw the one thing I had been looking for.

Shoeprints.

Or footprints, I wouldn't have known whether or not they came in barefoot without seeing it yet.

It wasn't shoes though, it was heels. And by my guess it had to be a size 7.

The normal average age for a size 7 woman would be in their 20s.

But then again, any woman could be size 7 no matter the age but at least now we have a specific look for our suspect.

"It's a girl..." I muttered to myself.

"Hm?" Ryan hummed behind me, still clueless.

"Our suspect is a girl, idiot!" David explained to him.

"Oh I knew that."

"No, you didn't!"

"Yes, I did!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"