Footage

"What do you think you're doing?" I immediately asked Elizabeth the moment she turned around.

She looked so innocent and guilty at the same. Like a mouse caught in a trap.

"I- What are you?" She asked me the same question, obviously avoiding to answer mine.

"No, I asked first and I want an answer." I demanded, my voice was slightly louder than I intended it to be which caught the attention of a few people who stood near us.

She stayed silent for a moment as if pondering whether or not to answer me or deflect my questions even further.

"Nathaniel! What are you doing over here?" Someone behind me suddenly asked.

It was Chiara.

"Who is she and why does she know your name?" Elizabeth yelled out which drew nearly everyone's attention.

I didn't answer, I couldn't. Not with everyone else watching us like we were a soap opera.

Elizabeth must have noticed the tension around the bar because she suddenly whipped around to our gawkers and shouted at them, "Wohin schaust du!". (What are you looking at!)

I didn't even know she could speak whatever language that was, but it sounded a lot like German.

A language that I couldn't speak.

Whatever she said had gotten through the audience and they went on with their lives as if nothing had ever happen.

"Who is she, Nathaniel?" Chiara asked, not getting the hint that Elizabeth was already fuming and what made matters worse was that Chiara had decided to cling unto me for no apparent reason.

I guess the detective was a lightweight, judging by her lack common sense towards the situation and predicament I was in.

"Hey, I asked first! who do you think you are holding my husband that way?"

"Husband? You didn't tell me you were married." She said confused but still clung unto me either way with no sign of her letting go anytime soon.

"Okay, you know what? I'm leaving, have fun with her Nathaniel!" She said, leaving hastily without sparing me even a second glass.

"Elizabeth!" I called out to her, but she didn't respond and continued walking away.

I turned towards the detective and made the move to get out of her grasp, which was easy due to her drunken state. "I have to go, okay?" I told her as I made her sit in the bar stool.

"Could you call her a cab? Thanks." I asked the bartender. Thankfully, he knew English and nodded before I rushed out of the bar and looked for any signs of Elizabeth.

She hadn't gotten that far yet and seemed to be waiting at the bus stop.

Before I could call out to her, she noticed me and frowned even more, "Why don't you go back to that girl you were with earlier." She snarled in a sarcastic tone.

"Can we talk? Please." I pleaded as I looked into her eyes which turned soft ever so slightly as she nodded quietly. "Thank you." I told her as she scooted a little from the bench she was sitting on to make room for me.

Even though I asked for us to talk, we stayed silent.

I didn't know why or how but we knew silence was what we both needed from each other in order to calm down properly.

"Yo, Palmers!" Someone called out to us and beeped their horn.

It was David and Ryan.

Somehow, they got a car which was possibly rented and managed to have found us. David was the one driving and parked the car before they both came out and walked over to us.