24

Unedited

In the previous chapter:

"You're gonna be the best big brother ever! Aren't you?" He said kissing my cheek.

"The bestest!" I grinned.

Third Person's POV:

The hybrid family was laughing and celebrating, unaware of the malice filled eyes fixed on their little home.

******************************

Still in Flashback:

Taehyung's POV:

We all were having the special dinner that Mama had made for my birthday, when my ears suddenly picked up the sound of multiple footsteps.

Dada and Mama immediately tensed up beside me. Dada slowly got up from his chair, making no sound.

I was about to talk when he put his finger on his lips, shaking his head, telling me to stay silent.

I didn't know what was going on, but I gulped, nodding and staying silent.

Mama got up in the same way, and silently stood beside him. They seemed to have some sort of quick communication between them.

Dada nodded and picked me up slowly.

Suddenly we heard multiple bangs on the main door.

I whimpered silently and hugged Dada tightly, pressing my face to his neck. He hugged me, rubbing my back soothingly.

I could feel him moving, and I heard "Open up filthy murderers" coming from the other side of the main door.

I clutched onto Dada tighter, as I felt tears burn my eyes.

My parents always told me I wasn't allowed to go out because there were many bad people who wanted to hurt us.

Are we in danger? Are they the bad people Mama and Papa were talking about?

I lifted my head from Dada's neck when I felt cool breeze and his grip loosening on me.

He placed me on the ground and kneeled to my height with Mama.

"My little tiger, do you remember we always told you about bad people outside?" Dada asked and I nodded, sniffling.

"They have unfortunately found us baby. So, we have to escape from them." Mama spoke.

"We want you to run ahead and reach the cave near the lake we always go to. We will be right behind you, okay baby?" she continued but I shook my head rapidly tears finally falling down.

"N..No, go together" I mumbled hugging Mama and sobbing softly.

"Come on Tae, you are my brave little tiger, right?" Papa asked patting my back.

I gave no response.

I didn't wanna be brave. I just wanted to stay with Mama, Papa and baby sister...even if that makes me a coward.

"Tae baby, please listen to us hmm? You have to run. We will be behind you, I promise, okay?" Mama said pulling back from the hug and cupping my face.

I wanted to say no, but Mama looked sad and teary, so I nodded.

She kissed my forehead and then they both hugged me once again.

"THEY ARE HERE!" I heard someone yell and our hug was immediately broken.

"RUN!" Mama shouted and I took a few steps forward wanting to turn around.

"DO NOT LOOK BACK, RUN!" I heard Dada yell.

I took off running as fast as I can with a cry.

Why do bad people exist? We didn't do anything wrong, so why do they wanna hurt us?

I thought as I ran with tears streaming down my face.

I suddenly tripped on a slope and rolled forward.

I could feel branches tearing through my clothes and some stones pressing against me, as my body burnt with scratches from sand.

I groaned and whimpered, getting back on my feet when I heard hasty footsteps.

I ran towards the lake with whatever remaining strength I had left.

"Run how much ever you want, but you will never be able to get out of my clutches you little monster. I will find you, no matter wherever you go, keep that in mind. When I find you, you'd wish you had never tried to escape." I heard a gravelly voice scream at me.

But I didn't dare turn back. I kept running and running till I could spot the lake.

As soon as I was at a foot's distance from it, I leaped up, diving into the muddy water.

TBC

Do you think Tae will be caught? Will his parents be able to fulfil their promise.

Sorry for the long wait ppl.

Please don't be silent readers.

Checkout my other book: Angel (YoonJinKook), Precious (Jimin x BTS), Finding You (JinKook)

Requests temporarily closed.

******************************

I 💜 you.