Chapter 3: Fire and blood

Vermithor descended to the ground when only a bright strip of sky near the horizon remained from sunset. I'm tired of a day of waiting and hour of flight and almost rolled off his back. Good thing he didn't seem to mind.

After the descent it got even worse. My legs were numb. My palms ached from overexertion, and my head from tears. But it's still the best day of my life.

Walking along the rocky beach, I leaned over and touched the water. I was surprised what it was not cold. Swimming and washing in the sea may not save me much, but at least I will put myself in relative order.

I took out of the bag that i wore behind my back soap in a wooden box. The box fit perfectly on one of the large stones near the beach, and I began to undress.

It was a bit awkward doing it in front of my dragon the first day we met. But it looks like he was more busy making sure no one else was here but us. Good dragon.

I carefully stepped into the sea, keeping the soap with me until I entered waist-deep water. I put the box on another large stone a little in the distance.

Looking at how the races appear in the night sky, I dived for a few seconds straightening my hair under water. There was nothing left of my hastily braided pigtail this morning by the middle of the flight.

I got up, feeling the water run down my body. I have always been resistant to high temperatures, but i didn't know that i was also resistant to low. It all felt like i became the heroine of a book. Everything is so new.

Then i lathered my head and body and dived again. The whole tidying up didn't take me more than five minutes. I got out of water, put the soap in my bag and quickly put on a change of dress.

I looked at the sea and the sky, combing my hair with my fingers and braiding pigtails, when Vermithor suddenly let out a roar. And then I heard another dragon roar. I quickly turned around, trying to see the newcomer.

Red as blood, with an incredibly long neck. He looked like a snake and was so unrealistic. I moved closer to the Vermithor, having no idea what The Blood Wyrm needed from me.

As far as I know now he should be with his rider in the King's Landing. My cousin, heir of the Iron Throne called 'Lord Flea Bottom' has no reason to be here. I learned it from reliable sources, so again, why is he here?

Caraxes growled disapprovingly and before I realized what I did, I saw Daemon comes forward.

"Bastards in our time have become surprisingly lucky" he said.

I remember that just today I was thinking that people would call me a bastard. Didn't think it would happen so soon.

"And how does it manifest itself?" i asked. I put my hand on neck of my dragon, calming him. By the look of Vermithor, it didn't help much.

"You don't know how lucky you are?" he chuckled.

"I'm lucky that i'm a recognized child of both my parents" i shrugged.

In general, it was. As far as I know my alleged father really wanted to raise me and was in love with Saera. For this she sent assassin to him.

Daemon arched his eyebrow. "What's your name?"

"Alysanne" i had to answer, because he was close to the king and i didn't want to quarrel with any of them. But to be honest, it's all starting to bother.

"Like my grandmother"

"Yes, like my grandmother" i said.

I've already lost count of how many times his face went from haughty and surprised to haughty and smirking. Again, again and again.