Chapter 14: Knowledge

I fell onto the pillows. A shiver ran through my body from the contact of the cold sheets with my hot skin. My body felt heavier and at the same time lighter than ever. I slowly calmed my breathing.

Daemon to my right stirred and raised his head, placing it on his palm. He took a lock of my hair and began to play with it. Daemon smirked at my hair. And with every second that I looked at him, his smirk grew wider, eventually developing into a smile.

"You're staring" he whispered in a particularly pleased manner.

"Can't i?" i arched my eyebrow.

An uncontrollable chuckle escaped Daemon. He shook his head, continuing to play with my curl. His smile spread across his face wider than i've ever seen.

"You're smiling" i realized that i said this only after Daemon looked up at me. The most innocent look he's ever had. But with a touch of Daemon Targaryen. An incredibly attractive touch that played one of the main roles in our being here. Naked. In each other's arms.

"The best moment of your life?" Daemon drawled with a grin.

I narrowed my eyes. "Be careful" the feeling of a constant battle of wits has diminished, but not so much that I allow him to do whatever he wants. "You're fighting Vermithor"

His eyes laughed and it seemed the most pleasant laugh of all. As if the starry sky reflected from deep lakes, with the weak light of the moon and a couple of candles on the table seeming much darker. All my strength went into maintaining a calm expression on my face. Perhaps useless now.

Daemon looked away, pressing his fingers to his chin and feigning thoughtfulness. "If I die in fire, will you recognize me as the winner?"

"Definitely not" i laughed quietly.

Daemon tightened his hands on my waist, moving his whole body closer to me. "Are you sure?" he continued, approaching my neck with his face. This idiot knows exactly how to get a woman to agree.

"I support my dragon" i said imitating his manner.

My hands fell on his shoulders. I slowly moved the weightless touches of my fingertips down. Daemon grinned as if on his way to victory. My fingers moved to his chest. I reached out with my lips to him, arching slightly. Tension flew in the air. Daemon began to approach my lips and then I dug my nails into his chest, forcing him to jerk back. 

"Now go and find me a tea" i said in the same manner as before.

We pulled away a little and i took the opportunity to sit down. Daemon made an offended face and i turned away from him.

"Rude" he said.

I ignored him, thinking about other important things. "I have to leave at dawn so you better hurry"

If my sense of time does not let me down, then it’s about two hours until dawn. I started combing my hair with my fingers.

"Do you weave intrigues as soon as you get to court?" Daemon asked. 

I stared at a point on the floor. Not that I cared about his opinion of my intentions... But Daemon shouldn't know about some things and his interest tells me that he will delve into it. What of course, I don't want.

"What if?" i turned my head to see his reaction, but didn't look him in the eyes. 

Daemon burned my cheek with his gaze. I could almost feel the theories about me fighting in his head. And his desire to know something potentially useful or threatening.

He pursed his lips before speaking. "Should I watch your back?" he asked.

I exhaled internally. This is a more satisfying answer than I could have expected. "I don't think so" i answered turning away.