Chapter 5: Deals

Vermithor has kindly agreed to fly with me until Daemon gets away so i can get my luggage. I enjoyed the gusts of wind in my face without worrying about my hair. Until i got off the dragon, of course.

I went to place where i left it and exhaled. They didn't find it. I checked if everything from my luggage was safe. Then I told Vermithor to take me closer to the castle and quickly went inside.

I walked through the corridors unnoticed. When I hid my things on me, I got an amazing idea to take a walk around the new house. I had to change again, I put on a white dress of a simple cut with long sleeves.

It was colder on Dragonstone than in the free cities. I wasn't very upset by this, but I loved my flowing light dresses.

I left my chambers heading in the opposite direction from the one in which Daemon led me yesterday. I don’t want to cross paths with him after the performance that he staged. I know well that from the point of view of Lords of Westeros, I have no right to inherit. I don't even want to inherit anything.

But i thought Daemon was smart enough to understand. My target was a dragon. And my heart was dragon. I wouldn't cater to his needs for making a show of allowing when I took what was rightfully mine.

He knew what was my goal, knew that he had a means to achieve. If Daemon wanted my dragon's support he should have convinced me. I looked at the patterned walls and furniture, tapestries and candelabra.

Everything here seemed to be saturated with the spirit of the Old Valyria.

I entered one of the intermediate halls, then another corridor and again deep into the castle. I wandered around my new home occasionally bumping into the golden cloaks.

Approaching the next hall, I slowed down when I heard conversations.

I pressed my back against the wall moving closer to the hall unnoticed. I saw Daemon with a woman he called his wife. I didn't have enough time to see her before, but now i can tell that she's pretty.

And i don't even know her name which is annoying.

"You're safe with me, i swear it" Daemon said and i started listen more attentively.

"You're Targaryen" she exclaimed. Nervous notes were heard in her voice. "You can afford to play your stupid games with the king. But i cannot"

I smirked inwardly. Daemon must have looked confused. He thinks he's in control.

There was an awkward silence. I even got a ringing sensation in my ears from the silence. Oh, these complex relationships, I don't and won't envy any of them.

A woman breathed in like coming to her conclusion. "I didn't come into your service wanting gold or power or station" i heard her steps approaching him. "I came to you to be liberated"

"Liberated" Daemon asked. "From what?"

I saw her straighten up all her insecurities and nervousness went away showing her true character. I was stupid to think that damon just made her his bride, albeit illegal. She had potential. Great potential.

"Fear" she said in a calm tone.

It was like a discharge went through my body. How many helpless girls from mother's brothel I saw. How they reacted to their 'work', how they broke.

She wasn't like that. My mother even after selling herself in Lys held her head high because it was her decision. But this woman was really strong.

I slowly and quietly walked back, no longer listening to their conversation. How do i think about changing her Targaryen patron? I turned into the nearest niche in front of another corridor. It won't hurt us to talk.