Donovan Mitchell- 2017 NBA Draft baby

Plot: Donovan Mitchell goes in labor in the middle of the NBA draft.

June 22, 2017
Barclays Center, Brooklyn NY
4:00pm,

Donovan Mitchell~ 9 months pregnant

Donovan Mitchell was heavily pregnant with his first baby and is due to give birth anytime while he and his family were seated on the table waiting for the name to be called to go to the specific team. Although, it is unknown whether someone from the other side was also the father of Donovan's baby. While they were sitting down, Donovan felt a contraction hitting him and his mother asked him if everything is okay. "You okay there Don?" His mother asked. "I'm fine mom, it's just cramps," He said not wanting to cause a panic. "How long has this been happening?" "I don't know mom, I thought they were false contractions," Donovan said moaning and groaning. "You should've told me earlier, I wouldn't want you to give birth in the middle of the draft," "Mom, I'll be fine," He sighs. "Besides, I want to get this over with after I get selected by any NBA team,"

"The Utah Jazz selects: Donovan Mitchell," Donovan was about to get up but felt something on his belly. "Mom? Mom? My stomach hurts," "Wait! What? What happened?" "Mom, I have no choice but to have a baby in the middle of the NBA draft," His mother became shocked and calls his sister to get the bags ready. Later on, his pants were soaked and noticed his water had broken. "Yuck! That's so gross!" "What happened?" Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner came in. "Donovan's water just broke," His mother said. "Oh God! Alright, I'll be right back take him to the locker room and we'll help him with the baby," Adam said. His parents took Donovan Mitchell to the locker room and told asked him to remove his pants, socks, blazers, underwear and shoes to prepare for the birth. Since Donovan is wearing his tank top underneath, his mother gathers the towels and puts on the scarf to cover his legs so that nobody can see what was going through. "Okay Donovan, I know it might sound scary but we need to start thinking about what we should do to help you give birth to your baby," His sister grabbed a couple of pillows to help keep him comfortable. "I don't know what's going on Mom? I don't want to go in labor in the middle of the draft," He complained.

Mrs. Mitchell: It's okay my son, we can't stop it. The baby is about to come out now.

Donovan Mitchell: Okay.

She puts on her gloves as she was ready to help her son give birth to a baby. "Are you ready Donovan?" Donovan nods as he was ready to have a baby. "Okay Don, I want you to push when you feel a contraction coming in, okay?" "Okay Mom," He said. He started pushing. His sister was on the side praising him. "Come on brother you can do it!" He was letting out a scream. "I know it hurts Don, keep going," "Sis I'm tired, I just want to give up," Donovan protested. "Don, you just started. Come on you need to push," His sister encouraged. "AAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Donovan lets out a scream. "You got it Donovan! Push!" He gritted his teeth while clutching on to the towels. "You're doing so well Don, you can do this!"  "AAAAAAHHHH! AAAAAAHHHHHH!" The screaming could be heard from the whole building in the middle of the NBA draft. "The head is almost out, push harder!"  His mother instructed. "Mom! Give me a break! I'm losing it," Donovan Mitchell complained. "I know you're tired Don, keep pushing!" He pushed 3 times and collapsed his head on the pillows. "The baby's head is coming out now, push!" "AAAAAHHHHHH! Mom! It hurts!" Donovan yells, feeling the baby's head crown.

"I can see the head Don, keep going," Donovan Mitchell's face had turned red from all the pushing and screaming. "You can do it," "God! It burns like hell," He landed his head on the pillows. "You have to be strong for the baby bro," His sister ordered. "I can't do this, it hurts!" He groans. As he was in the middle of the pushing, his mother noticed something was wrong. "Donovan, I don't want you to panic, but the baby's shoulders are stuck," "Noooooo..." Donovan started to sob. "This is not good Mom, why did this have to happen?" "You know how babies can have their own ways to move around?" His mother asked in her worried voice. "Just give me 5 minutes to unwrap the umbilical cord, so that you can push," His father was there trying to comfort his son. "I know you're hurting son, but we have to wait for the cord to be unwrapped," Donovan Mitchell did everything he could not to panic when the umbilical cord was wrapped around the neck. 5 minutes after unwrapping the cord, Donovan continued to push until he reached the shoulders part. When it was going to hurt the most, Donovan was letting out a loud scream as his mother pulls the baby out slowly and then was replaced with the baby's cries. "There you have it Donovan, it's a beautiful baby girl," His mother held the crying baby in a towel. His sister cuts the cord, cleans her up and returned her back to her mother.

10 minutes later,

Donovan was driven to the hospital by his parents along with the baby and his sister accompanied her brother to the clinic. It turns out Donovan and the newborn were both healthy and they'll be discharged in 2 days. "What's the name of the baby?" The nurse asked. "Delphine," Donovan answered.

Delphine Mitchell-Gobert
Born at 6:00pm on June 22, 2017
Gender: female
Weight: 8 lbs 10 oz.
Parents-
Mother: Donovan Mitchell
Father: Rudy Gobert

Rudy Gobert came to the hospital room and saw Donovan Mitchell on the bed with the baby in his arms. Rudy was crying tears of joy knowing that he is now a father to Delphine. "I'm so proud of you," Rudy smiled kissing Donovan on the lips and the newborn's forehead.