Marriage of Aswathama and Shikhandi

Author's POV

One week passed away and marriage of Aswathama and Shikhandi came. The yadu family also reached here yesterday.
The whole hastinapur rajmahal was decorated as it was the marriage of Aswathama and Shikhandi. Everyone was busy in this or that thing. The boys were looking after the arrangements outside and the girls in the inside and simultaneously both are looking at each other's works as well.

" Haldi Mandap kya taiyar Hain bhrata Karn " Pooja asked. " Hya Pooja " Karn replied. " Pooja vivah ke mandap ke liye woh ful kaha hain? " Bheem asked, accompanied by Yudhishthir. " Table ke upar Hain bhratasree " pooja replied. They nodded and went back to their work. The preparations were going well. The elders were busy in welcoming the guests.

After a while aswathama and Shikhandi were brought for their haldi ceremony. They were taken to the haldi Mandap. ( Aswathama wore yellow angavastra and dhoti. Shikhandi wore a yellow kurti which was given to her by the Meera ).

( Haldi Mandap )( Aswathama was made to sit on the right and Shikhandi on the left )

( Haldi Mandap )
( Aswathama was made to sit on the right and Shikhandi on the left ).

All gasped seeing the decorations. " Wah, yeh kisne sajaya? " Bhishma asked. " Humne " arjun, nakul and sahadev said. " Aur vivah ka mandap jyesth bhrata Karn, bhrata yudhishthir aur bhrata Bheem ne sajaya hai " nakul added. " Ati uttam " bhishma said. " Abh chalo humare putr aur putri ka haldi suruat karte hain " gandhari said. The others nodded in agreement.

First gandhari started applying the haldi, from the thali which was brought by sonali. She applied on aswathama cheek, hands and legs lastly she ruffled his hair and went to Shikhandi, she did the same there also.
Kunti came applied it on his forehead, cheeks, chest, hands and legs lastly she gave a quick kiss on his forehead lovingly. She went to Shikhandi and did the same.
Devaki also came and applied haldi to aswathama and Shikhandi.

Now the friends cum brothers of Aswathama came with swag. The girls went towards Shikhandi. They looked at each other and gave a quick nod. Suddenly the both bride and groom felt cold liquid dripping from their head to toe. They looked at the liquid. It was none other than ' Haldi '. They sighed in annoyance but took the haldi from their body and applied it on the girls and boys. They were shocked at first but then again attacked the bride groom. It was a match between the bride-groom and the girls-boys. Atlast the match was stopped by the elders who were very much irritated. They threw a glare at each other and went.
The lunch was also over with a great hustle-bustle. All of the people enjoyed the day.

The night came fast and the hustle-bustle grew more. The girls and the princesses were getting Shikhandi ready. While the boys were getting aswathama ready.
" Arrey woh kapra kaha hai? " Asked Uruvi, half shouting. " dressing table ke upar " Myra shouted back, she was fixing the jewelry of Shikhandi. " Do want this necklace or this one? " Pooja asked showing two necklaces to Shikhandi. " The one on the the left hand " Shikhandi said. Pooja nodded and gave it to sonali, who clipped it on Shikhandi's neck. " Wow, you are looking so beautiful. Bhrata aswathama will faint seeing you " Meera commented as Shikhandi blushed.