TWENTY SEVEN. THE FIRST CARDINAL RULE OF PERM MAINTENANCE

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

MONTHS HAD PASSED since Daredevil had rescued Elena, yet the memory remained as clear in her head as if it had happened a few seconds ago

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

MONTHS HAD PASSED since Daredevil had rescued Elena, yet the memory remained as clear in her head as if it had happened a few seconds ago. The dreams, the nightmares, they hadn't stopped. No matter how hard Elena tried to move on with her life, to convince herself that she wouldn't be put in a situation like that again, her mind refused to let her continue. The gunshot remained in her subconscious. Everything sounded like it. The slam of a car door, fists hitting against tables and even the whir of a pencil sharpener frightened Elena. November's woes would not leave her, even in the month of May.

Spring was meant to be for new beginnings, new life and rejuvenation. And Elena supposed in some way, it had been, albeit not as intense as she'd hoped for. Work life had changed drastically. Blake Tower won the election in a landslide, and Elena was soon appointed as his Assistant District Attorney. She was given more high profile cases, multiple assistants and most importantly, a shiny new office across from Blake's. Sometimes she felt undeserving of the job, especially when she remembered the bribery of her father. It took multiple reassurances from Blake Tower that this job was of her own merit. Their friendship had certainly helped in the promotion, but Blake insisted that good chemistry would just make their work more efficient. And as always, he'd been right.

Sure, her workload had become slightly heavier since Blake had taken the role of District Attorney, but he had also stressed to Elena to maintain a good work-life balance. She'd taken his advice and made sure to try her best to repair some of those friendships that had been lost through the Frank Castle case. She'd gone for coffee with Karen Page a few times, but since the incident they'd both been caught up in, it had been harder to speak about anything normal. When they did have relatively normal conversations, it was just boring small talk. A few updates on their lives, what Karen wrote about in the Bulletin, the new cases Elena had taken. However, Elena had found a blockage in her road to recovery with Karen, namely the fact that Karen had told Elena that she was a gun owner.

Elena didn't have anything against Karen because of the reason, but she wouldn't lie and say that it didn't make her uncomfortable. After the experiences she'd been through, it was understandable. No gun had been used for good in Elena's memories. Samantha Reyes, shot to death by hundreds of tiny bullets. The man on the van, shot dead for daring to speak up. Elena couldn't help but feel awkward around Karen now, and it seemed that the blonde recognised this, as their invitations to coffee slowly fizzled out.

Legally Blonde | Matt Murdockजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें