Chapter 2

12 YEARS LATER.
Percy was having a great day. He and his mother were playing quidditch in the garden. They would throw the quaffle at each other and try to catch it making risky dives.
Summer was the favourite time of the year, his mother Sally Jackson was an accomplished Healer at St. Mungo's and at this times they would have fun together as mother and son or either swim at their swimming pool.
The Jacksons, although a common surname was a pureblood family not making the so-called Sacred Twenty-Eight for this reason. But nobody can deny that they were related to the founders Godric Griffyndor himself and at such have lots of powerful influences.
But they also had famous squibs in their family. Andrew Jackson who became the president of Muggle United states and Henry Jackson, an English clergyman and literary editor; Sir Anthony Jackson. A famous knight during Charles II reign, but later imprisoned in the Tower of London for over a decade. But the most well known Jackson was Josiah Jackson. The first president of MACUSA whose top priority after taking office was the recruitment of new Aurors. And with foreign ancestries, they had an American vault and house in New York.
But the real money-spinner was James and Estelle who had invented many antidotes to different poisons and had quadrupled the family gold. There most famous potion was a healing potion that heals the drinker and replenishes any lost health or stamina.
But then. Percy's attention was caught when something came flying towards him.
"What is that?" Percy asked. Sally too looked up. A handsome screech owl flew closer and closer and at last, it dropped a letter. Percy pulled off a dive and caught it with ease, stopping in mid-air to read its contents. Her eyes widened and then he started screaming.
"IT'S MY HOGWARTS LETTER MUM!"
he flew down, dropped his broomstick and started dancing. Sally chuckled and dived down.
"Well what ar you waiting for?" Sally said cheerfully. "Open your letter."
With a mischevious glint in his eyes, Percy quickly opened his envelope. It was thick and heavy, made of yellowish parchment, and theaddress was written in emerald-green ink. There was no stamp.Turning the envelope over, Percy saw a purple waxseal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snakesurrounding a large letter H. The Hogwarts crest.
He pulled out the letter and read:
HOGWARTS SCHOOLof WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, SupremeMugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
Dear Mr Jackson,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list
of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July
31.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress
"Well done!" Sally said hugging her son and ruffling his already messy hair. "This is the proudest moment of my life!"
"And look," Percy exclaimed. "This is the list of items we had to buy! Wands, cauldron, telescopes. Oh I can't wait to open my potions book."
It was common in Jackson family to have someone who is good at the three main subjects: Potions, charms and defence against the dark arts.
HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble
OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT
ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS
Percy groaned. "Son of a . . . "
"Language Percy." his mother scolded
"I can't believe they're not letting us bring broomsticks." he went on. "How can I be the youngest quidditch player in a century." he turned to his mother. "So when are we going to Diagon alley?"
His mother smiled. "How about today?"
Immediately after lunch, Percy wore his best robes and was ready right next to the fireplace and for the first time, he hadn't taken a nap.
"Now don't forget your booklist," Sally said. "Alright, wand. Check. Gringotts key. Check."
"Minnie, could you please clean out the table?"Mrs Jackson asked the young house elf.
"Of course mistress!" Minnie squealed happily. She snapped her little fingers and the plates flew over to the sinks being magically washed.
Sally took out a bowl in which they kept their floo powder and brought it to the living room, where her son was waiting eagerly.
"Alright Percy, remember. Take some powder and say it very clearly," she said. "Alright."
"Yes mum." he took a handful of Floo powder and walked inside the fireplace. He said loud and clearly "Diagon Alley!" and released the powder.
The next thing he knew, he was found himself in Diagon Alley. Percy had been to diagon alley a couple of times, but he had never felt this excited before. He couldn't wait to put his mark on the Hogwarts castle. As the prankster or disciplinary. He chose the latter.
Once his mother joined him, they made their was up to the alley. Percy turned his head towards every direction and glanced at the different shops. From broomsticks (Mum the new nimbus 2000 got released!) to cauldrons.
But his thoughts were interrupted when.
"Mum, looks at that boys hair color!" a girl about eleven said pointing to his hair.
"Its rude to point Parvati." her mother scolded but Percy ignored them.
Percy was born as a metamorphagus. The rare ability to change their physical appearance through sheer will alone, the best he can do his channge his apperance and he kept his hair that was naturally jetblack to violet.
"Gringotts." said Sally, pointing to a snowy building with bronze doors. "Let's get money first."
They walked up the white stone steps and passed a goblin. The goblin was about a head shorter than Percy. He had a swarthy, clever face, a pointed beard and, as he noticed, very long fingers and feet. He bowed as they walked inside. Now they were facing a second pair of doors, silver this time, with words engraved upon them:
Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.
"People would be mad to rob Gringotts." said Percy smirking.
A pair of goblins bowed them through the silver doors and they were in avast marble hall. About a hundred more goblins were sitting on high stoolsbehind a long counter, scribbling in large ledgers, weighing coins in brassscales, examining precious stones through eyeglasses
"Good morning." said Sally to the nearest Goblin. "We've come to take some money out of the Jackson vault."
"You have the key madam?"
"Got it." she said holding up a tiny golden key.
The goblin looked at it closely.
"That seems to be in order."
"I will have someone take you down to both vaults. Ragnok!"
Other goblin came and followed him towards oneof the doors leading off the hall.
Griphook held the door open for them. They were in a narrow stone passageway lit withflaming torches. It sloped steeply downward and there were little railwaytracks on the floor. Ragnok whistled and a small cart came hurtling up the tracks toward them. They climbed in andwere off.
When the cart got off, both mother and son looked very green. Sally had to  lean against the wall to stop her knees from trembling
Ragnok unlocked the door. Then he placed his entire hand.
"Vault no four hundred and forty-five. The Jackson's vault." the goblin said.
A lot of green smoke came billowing out, and as it cleared, Percy gasped. The vault was like a cave. There Inside were piles of gold coins. Pillars of silver. Loads of little bronze Knuts. There was also silver armour, heads of lions, golden statues of the phoenix. The vault also contained a respectable amount of Rubies, Emeralds, Sapphires, yellow gems and Diamonds.
"All yours," said Sally smiling.
"No," said Percy. "Ours."
Sally took out a Moleskin pouch and filled a respective amount of galleons, sickles and knuts and left.
One wild cart ride later they stood blinking in the sunlight outside Gringotts. They went to Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.
Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve.
"Hogwarts, dear?" she said when Percy started to speak. "Got the lot here— another young man being fitted up just now, in fact."
In the back of the shop, a small and skinny boy with a pale face, messy hair and emerald green eyes was being fitted. MadamMalkin stood Harry on a stool next to him, slipped a long robe over his head,and began to pin it to the right length.
"Hello," said Percy, "Hogwarts, too?"
"Yes," said the boy.
"So what's your name?" Percy asked feeling friendly.
"Harry."
"Well Harry." said Percy grinning. "Do you play quidditch?"
"No." said Harry
"Oh." Percy said frowning. "Well it's the best sport in the world. Know which house you'll be in?"
"No," said Harry, feeling more stupid by the minute
"Can't blame you. No one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll bein Griffyndor, my whole family was from Griffyndor. I think I might be Hufflepuff. Not a bad house, you reckon?"
"Mmm," said Harry,
"Hey is that Hagrid?" said Percy nodding toward the front window. Hagrid was standing there, grinning at Harry and pointing at two large ice creams to show he couldn't come in
"Yeah that's Hagrid?" said Harry, pleased to know something the boy does."He works at Hogwarts."
"I know Hagrid." said Percy rolling his eyes. "I met him. He's very nice isn't he?"
"Yeah." said Harry smiling. "I think he's brilliant."
"Well finally we agree on something!" exclaimed Percy overexaggerating.
Harry chuckled. "Oh by the way, what's your surname Harry?"
But before Harry could answer, Madam Malkin said, "That's you done, my dear," and Harry,  hopped down from the footstool.
"See ya at Hogwarts," Percy said.
Harry smiled, he too waved and walked out. Percy stepped on the platform and waited patiently (which was impossible) for Madam Malkin's to finish her measurements.
They stopped to buy parchment and quills and then. They bought Percy's school books in a shop called Flourish and Blottswhere the shelves were stacked to the ceiling with books as large as paving stones bound in leather; books the size of postage stamps in covers of silk; books full of peculiar symbols and a few books with nothing in them at all.
They got a nice set of scales for weighing potion ingredients and a collapsible brass telescope. Then they visited theApothecary, which was fascinating enough to make up for its horrible smell,a mixture of bad eggs and rotted cabbages. Barrels of slimy stuff stood on the floor; jars of herbs, dried roots, and bright powders lined the walls; bundlesof feathers, strings of fangs, and snarled claws hung from the ceiling. While his mother asked the man behind the counter for a supply of some basic potion ingredients for Percy, he examined silver unicorn horns at twenty-one Galleons each and minuscule, glittery-black beetle eyes (five Knuts ascoop).
Outside the Apothecary, his mum checked Percy list again.
"Well let's get an owl?" said Sally.
Percy nodded. After fifteen minutes, they walked towards Magical Menagerie where instead of an owl, Percy got a gryphon but what was unique about this gryphon that it had the face and wings of a barn owl but the body of a lion.
Then they stopped at Ollivanders. It was narrow and shabby. Peeling gold letters over the door read Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C. A single wand lay on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window.
A tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depths of the shop as they stepped inside. It was a tiny place, empty except for a single, spindly chair that Percy sat on to wait. It felt like he had entered a library.
"Good afternoon," said a soft voice
An old man was standing before them, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons through the gloom of the shop.
"Hello, Sally. How nice to see you again. Willow eleven inches. Unicorn hair core. Good for charms and healing magic."
"Yes sir," said Sally taking out her wand. "Saved a lot of people."
Ollivander chuckled. "Mr Jackson. Let me see." He pulled a long tape measure with silver markings out of his pocket. "Which is your wand arm?"
"Left," said Percy
"Hold out your arm. That's it." He measured Percy from shoulder to finger, then wrist to elbow, shoulder to floor, knee to armpit and round his head.
"That will do," he said, and the tape measure crumpled into a heap on the floor. "Right then, Mr Jackson. Try this one. Pinewood and unicorn hair. twelve inches. Nice and flexible. Just take it and give it a wave."
Percy took the wand and waved it around a bit, but Mr Ollivander snatched it out of his hand almost at once.
"Oak and phoenix feather. eleven inches. nice and supple. Try —"
Percy tried — but he had hardly raised the wand when it, too, was snatched back by Mr Ollivander.
"No, no — here, ebony and dragon heartstring hair, eight and a half inches, springy. Go on, go on, try it out."
Percy tried. And tried. Then after nineteen wands,
"There you are. Twelve inches. Aspen and phoenix feather. Nice and flexible."
Percy took the wand and the moment he did, there was a sudden warmness. He made a quick swish and he could smell the sea.
Ollivander cried, "Oh, bravo! Yes, indeed, oh, very good. Well, well, well .how curious . . . how very curious . . ."
He put Percy's wand back into its box and wrapped it in brown paper, still muttering, "Curious . . . curious . . ."
"Sorry," said Sally, "but what's curious?"
"Oh Sally there are rumours between us wandmakers but Aspen and phoenix feather is rumoured to be the same wand as Godric Gryffindor himself. Now we don't know this as his grave has never been found, so this is unproven. But I expect young Perseus here to be a great duellist. Magic and muggle"
He paid seven gold Galleons for his wand, and Mr Ollivander bowed them from his shop. But Percy felt even more pleasant.  The wand that was rumoured to be the same as Godric Griffyndor himself! His own ancestor.
"Mum," said Percy. "You know what will complete this day?"
"What?" Sally asked smiling although she knew the answer.
Percy grinned. "Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour"

What do you guys think give me some tips in the comments