Interlude

.
.
.

A sleeping beauty, huh?

.
.
.
.

That's what some might call what was in front of him. You might ask... "How did this happen?"

.
.
.
.

Strange, is it not? She always smells like citrus. No matter the case, she smells sweet. It was a scent, one that somehow complimented her hair... if that makes any sense.

.
.
.

In terms of beauty, she excels.
In personality, she excels, greatly.
Even in terms of her proportions, she excels... greatly in that sense.

.
.
.

But as the prized product of that facility, why did I feel so strange around her yesterday?

.

I just ignored the feeling... but it did pique my curiosity indeed. It even got to the point where I stuttered whilst speaking to her, something I've never done to anyone.

.
.
.

But... what is there to be curious about, exactly?

.
.
.
.
.

I could just be overthinking it, this feeling. My calculations can be an overestimate at times after all.

.
.
.
.
.

"?"

.

Now that I think about it... where am I?

.

It's white... just like...

.
.
.
.

No, that's the last place I'd be... That's not my concern right now.

.
.
.
.
.

"Mhhmm..."

.
.
.
.

Hm?

.

I heard a gentle voice. The woman in front of me had slightly adjusted her position as she continued to peacefully sleep.

.
.
.
.
.

Was she always this beautiful, I wonder?

.
.
.
.

I'm moving too fast... I should just ignore this for now.

.
.
.
.
.

But... if this gaping hole in my heart were to be patched up one day, could she be the reason?

.
.

After all, half of my goal for coming to this school was to repair my heart... Was it not?

.
.

But... I'm inhuman. Do I even deserve it?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Another day goes by.

Yes... I'm just dreaming.

—————

No, this is not Chapter 3.

I'd like to thank my beta-reader,  AnanoDeprituse