𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

Delilah Lightwood had fought plenty of demons in her seventeen years on the planet. When she fought with her blade in hand, she fought with a sense of grace only Delilah was able to achieve. She made fighting look like a dance, elegant and meaningful. Her blue dress flew around her making the sight of her fighting look even more graceful.

Her cousin, Thomas, who had once been her height and scrawny, was now over a head above her and broad shouldered. He fought beside Delilah as the two stood back to back as they fought the Deumas demon. Christopher had his bow in hand and was standing a little further away, his eyes that were usually unfocused on anything that wasn't the chemicals in Henry Fairchild's lab, were sharp and attentive. Matthew. Matthew Fairchild was dressed in clothes not suitable for fighting in the slightest, yet he was holding his own well.

Delilah looked around for James, but couldn't see him around her.

"Tom," Delilah yelled over the sound of the demons. "Where's James?"

"I don't–" Thomas cut himself off as he ran forward.

Delilah turned to find James standing still in the path of the demon, gripping onto his knives. Delilah gripped her seraph blade tighter as she watched James let the daggers fly. One plunged into the demon's throat and the other into its forehead. Its eyes rolled back as it spasmed.

Delilah let her guard down a little as she stepped closer to the dying demon. However before she could even step closer James yelled and before Delilah could process anything the the creature burst apart and showered Delilah, Christopher, Thomas and Matthew in ichor and burnt bits of what could possibly be described as goo.

"How–wha–?" Christopher stuttered, at a clear loss for words. Slime dripped off his nose and gold-rimmed spectacles. "But how?"

"Do you mean how is it possible that we finally tracked down the last demon in London and it was the most disgusting?" James said, joining the others. "Ours is not to question why, Christopher."

Delilah looked at herself. Her dress was completely ruined. She had only just purchased it as well. Her brown hair had tumbled out of its updo while she was fighting. It cascaded around her shoulders, the ends dripping with goo. Delilah cringed.

"This is an outrage," Matthew said, tossing his extinguished blade aside. "Do you know how much I spent on this waistcoat?"

"Your waistcoat? Look at my dress!" Delilah exclaimed, "I'm sure my whole dress was at least twice as expensive as your waistcoat, sweetheart."

Christopher passed her a handkerchief. Only half of it was clean and free of any demon remains. She used the clean half to wipe away anything on her face, cringing as she did so.

"No one told you to go out patrolling for demons dressed like an extra from The Importance of Being Earnest." said James, tossing Matthew a clean handkerchief.