𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

There were immediately shouts and screams as the demon appeared out of the water. Delilah was on her feet in an instant. The demon sprung directly onto Piers Wentworth, he kicked and thrashed as he went down, desperate to get away from the demon. Cordelia sprinted past Delilah, she ran in the direction of her brother.

All of the picnics were abandoned as Shadowhunters shouted and screamed. Delilah was on edge as her heart hammered in her chest. She crossed the turned up blanket and stood close to Christopher, Anna standing just behind them. From his belt, Christopher silently handed her a seraph blade which Delilah took with barely steady hands.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Delilah let out a breath, trying to steady her breathing. It was daylight, she thought, there shouldn't be any demons. From beside her, Christopher looked down at her. Delilah felt his gaze and turned her gaze to meet her brothers. There was a silent communication between the two. Are you okay? The look on Christopher's face seemed to suggest. Delilah nodded as she let out one final breath.

Around her, all Shadowhunters that were able to fight had their weapons drawn. The demon that attacked Piers was gone, leaving him in pain on the grass. Despite the demon being gone, Delilah didn't feel as if it was all over. Goosebumps encased her body as a chill went down her spine.

Everything was silent. People talked around her and the cries of Rosamund over her brother echoed throughout the park, yet to Delilah it was silent. Her gaze was fixated on the trees. They whipped back and forth in the wind as ragged black shapes rose from them. Delilah gripped onto Christopher's wrist and Anna stepped closer to her siblings as all three of them stared ahead at the menacing shapes in the trees.

Before Delilah had time to process anything, demons sprung from the trees.

Delilah yelled the name of the seraph blade and immediately sprung into action. The demons raced silently across the grass. Delilah stepped back from her siblings as a demon ran straight toward her. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. The demon ran fast, its flaming eyes fixated on Delilah. As the demon gradually got closer she brought her blade down cutting into its shoulder. The demon flinched away but didn't back down.

Delilah backed away a little, cursing the dress she wore. If she were in her gear she would be a lot more comfortable but her thick skirts combined with her corset restricted her movement a lot. She ducked as the demon leaped at her, its claws barely missing her shoulder. Delilah let out a huff, her hair tumbling out of the bun. The demon turned around and snarled at Delilah.

Delilah rose and ran toward the demon, finally bringing the blade down with enough force that it pierced through the body of the demon. It disappeared. Delilah allowed herself to stop for one quick breath before turning to face the rest of the battle. From across the park, she could see her sister hunched over a bleeding Ariadne. Delilah gasped before she broke out into a run. Before she could get close, another scream broke out, distracting the Lightwood girl. Turning toward the source of the scream, Delilah faced Barbara who had a demon locking its jaws around the skin on her leg. Delilah ran.