𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

The breeze blew the silk curtains gently as Delilah stood in front of her mirror. Her mother wasn't around to do her hair and she was struggling to pin it in place. There were maids to help but Delilah only allowed her mother to style her hair, she had done it when Delilah was a child and Delilah was going to make sure that it didn't stop any time soon.

The dress Delilah wore wasn't her favourite but it was now one of the only ones that wasn't either covered in blood or destroyed completely. She knew that she would drag Anna and Matthew to shop for clothes soon, perhaps she would invite Cordelia to tag alone. Delilah hadn't had a chance to speak to Cordelia much. The incident at the picnic and her helping James in the ballroom had thrown a dent in her plans to get to know the Carstairs girl better.

Once Delilah had finally decided to let her hair settle around her shoulders and down her back, there was a knock on the door. Delilah already knew who it was.

"Christopher!" Delilah yelled to her brother in the room next to her own. "Thomas is here!"

"Give me a second," Christopher said before emerging from his room with a vial clutched in his hand which he slipped into his pocket.

Delilah's eyes narrowed at the singed cuffs of his shirt before her eyes trailed up to her brother's face who had a smile on his face. She shook her head, a smile pulling at the edges of her mouth before she linked her arm with her brothers as the two descended the stairs.

"You came back early this morning," Christopher commented. "I was awake reading through mine and Henry's research."

"The session ran a little later than usual," Delilah said. "I decided to stay at the house for the night. With demon attacks happening, I thought it would be safer."

Christopher simply nodded at her answer. "I agree that it was safer."

Of course Delilah never liked lying to Christopher, she told her brother practically everything. But she didn't want to tell him that she spent the whole night with Matthew, that was something she never wanted to admit to him. Or anyone else for that matter, it was strictly between her and Matthew.

Thomas was waiting in the entryway for the two Lightwood siblings, pacing. Once the two descended the stairs she let go of her brother's arm and walked over and wrapped Thomas in a hug. "Are you okay?" she asked.

Thomas only nodded before pulling away from Delilah and stepped back, looking between the two siblings.

"Matthew sent word early this morning that we shall all meet at his house," Thomas explained as the three Lightwoods exit the house and enter the carriage, Christopher helping Delilah inside.

Delilah sat opposite both Thomas and Christopher for the carriage ride to Matthew's. It wasn't too far away and it was certainly quicker than the route in which Delilah walked. It was bright in the sky and the sun was shining despite it being close to sunset. It was a beautiful day and Delilah wanted nothing more than to be outside rather than the carriage. Christopher and Thomas conversed while Delilah offered a comment occasionally. Delilah didn't mind this however, both of the boys were discussing things that had very little interest to her.