𝟎𝟓| 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐚𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.

"𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨," 𝐔𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐲. The night had passed and the two trainees were rested, so it was time to get ready and continue training. The man led them to the foot of the mountain, "I am a trainer. My job is to teach new swordsmen. There are many other trainers, each one is different. They each train their students using their own methods. To complete your training and join the Demon Slayer Corps, you must survive the Final Selection process on Mount Fujikasane. I will decide whether or not you're eligible for Final Selection."

   Urokodaki led them to the top of the mountain and ordered them to descend, though, with each day passing and each descent, the man made the traps even scarier. The rocks thrown were now knives and at the bottom of the pits were now blades.

   Months passed and they were still training on the mountain, now swords in hand. It made moving a lot harder, feeling constantly unbalanced led Y/n to trip on more than one occasion. But, Tanjiro was always there to patch her up.

   When the traps were getting harder, Urokodaki lent them swords. Not for battle, for training. Everyday after their tiring descent, they were ordered to swing their sword a thousand times. That was until Urokodaki would add five hundred each week. Every night, Tanjiro and Y/n would come home exhausted. They'd help each other clean up any injuries and take a shower. Tanjiro would always write in the journals while Y/n fell asleep on his lap. Though, sometimes Y/n would find Tanjiro asleep at the desk instead. She'd carefully move him into bed and tuck him in, wanting him to be well rested for their next day of training.

   Now, sword training was added to their list. "Swords break easily," Urokodaki informed. He explained how the swords were strong on the blade's edge, it's weak on the sides and can break easily. You need to apply the force straight along the blade. The direction the blade and the direction you're swinging must be exactly the same, otherwise it'll break. He also mentioned if they ever broke one of the swords, he'd break every bone in their body. Y/n and Tanjiro wouldn't put it past him.

   Training consisted of many different things, including breaking your fall. Urokodaki wanted them to be able to fall in such a way they'd be able to get right back up. They would have to charge at the man with their swords while he remained unarmed, but he was ridiculously strong. He'd throw them each in the air or trip them every time they got close.

   The next lesson was breathing techniques and fighting forms. "Total concentration breathing..?" Tanjiro questioned.

   Urokodaki nodded, "that's right. Also, I am going to teach you all ten of the Water Breathing forms. Though, Y/n I believe star breathing would suit you better, based on how far you've come and your abilities. Your training will begin the same, but once we begin to learn the fighting techniques, you will be trained separately. Now, let's begin. Start by taking a long, deep breath so the oxygen flows into every cell in your body. This will enhance your body's natural healing power, and will both stabilize and energize your spirit. Now, relax your arms and shoulders, but keep your lower body braced. Good, now breathe." The two took a deep breath and Urokodaki was quick to hit their stomachs, "wrong!" They doubled over in pain when the man stood up again, "next, the forms."

   Tanjiro tried to mimic what Urokodaki demonstrated, "right! Like this?"

   "All wrong!"

   "How about now?"

   "Still wrong!"

   "Now?!"

   "Again!"

   "This?"

   "Terrible!" Urokodaki quickly crouched down, hitting Tanjiro's stomach. On the other hand, Y/n quickly learned to brace her lower half so she wouldn't get hit.

   After, Urokodaki brought them to a cliff by a waterfall, saying that Tanjiro had to become one with the water. "Well, get in already," the man said before kicking him off the edge and into the water below.

   Y/n gasped and ran to the edge to see Tanjiro floating face down, "is he okay?!"

   "He'll be fine."

   When Tanjiro lifted himself up from the water, Urokodaki handed him a different haori so that he could stand under the waterfall. "I am water!..." Tanjiro yelled as the pressure pushed him down.

   It has been six months since Nezuko was last awake. They were worried, constantly checking if she was breathing, which she was. Even the doctor Urokodaki called to find nothing. Y/n sees how scared Tanjiro is, worried that one morning she'll be dead. It haunts him, but he works hard every day for her.

   With how much time has passed, the descent down the mountain has gotten even more dangerous. They start higher and have to climb around the edge to get to the pathway again. Though, going down with the sword has gotten easier. They learned how to use the swords to deflect the traps.

   "That's it. I've taught you all I can," Urokodaki said. It had been a year since they arrived at his home, "the rest is all up to you. You have to prove that you're capable of moving onto the next level. Come with me." As the man led them through the forest, it began to snow. Has it already been a year? In their vision, a huge boulder with a rope tied around it stood before them. "If you can cut this boulder into two, I will allow you to enter the Final Selection."

   Y/n and Tanjiro could only stare. Is that really something that's possible? Can a sword cut through that? I'm gonna fail, my sword will break. With the silence, the man began to leave. Tanjiro called after him, "Urokodaki, please wait! Hang on a second! Urokodaki!" He didn't turn back, leaving the two there.

   After that day, Urokodaki never taught them anything again.

--------------------------------------------

𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞

--------------------------------------------