𝟐𝟏| 𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐮𝐡𝐦... 𝐨𝐡..! 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮!

"𝐂𝐡𝐮, 𝐜𝐡𝐮! 𝐂𝐡𝐮! 𝐂𝐡𝐮!" 𝐀 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 flying towards Y/n and Tanjiro. It landed in her hands as it chirped, "chu chu chu! Chu, chu!!"

   "Uh... yes..?" Y/n tilted her head. Tanjiro and Y/n could only look at the bird in confusion as it continued to chirp and flap its wings.

   "Come on, I'm begging you!" The boy cried again, "you're the only hope that I have left!"

   Even though the bird only spoke in chirps, they were able to understand the situation. Tanjiro nodded, "so that's it then. Okay! I'll try to help. I got this, Y/n." The bird let out a happy chirp and Tanjiro stormed over to the yellow haired boy.

   "Please! I'm asking you again! Marry me! I beg you!!!!"

   Tanjiro took the yellow haori and picked up the boy, "why are you making such a scene in the middle of the road?! She's clearly not interested in you. Also, you're stressing your sparrow out!"

   "Wait.. that uniform.. are you that guy from Final Selection?"

   "Don't go pretending that we know each other because we don't, 'Kay?"

   "But we have met! Don't you remember?! Don't get angry at me when you're the one with the terrible memory!"

   Tanjiro thought back to Final Selection and sighed as he realized he did know the boy. He let go of the yellow haori and talked to the girl, "alright, you're all set to head home again. Do you need help with anything else?"

   "No, thank you very much," the girl bowed.

   "Hang on!!!" The boy screamed, "don't you interfere! That girl was madly in love with me!! The two of us are gonna get married!" The girl slapped him over and over again. "Hey! Ow! Ouch!!"

   Tanjiro frantically pulled the girl away, "woah, woah! Hang on! Calm down!"

   "What did I even say resembling that I loved you?!" She yelled, "all I did was come talk to you while you were crumpled up and disheveled on the side of the road!"

   "So you're telling me the reason you did that wasn't because you're in love with me?!"

   "Considering that I already have a fiancé, that's exactly what I've been trying to tell you! Well you seem to be perfectly fine now! So goodbye!" She huffed and walked away.

   "Wait! Come back! Please..."

   Tanjiro sighed, "would you give it a rest already?"

   "Why would you get in my way?! This had nothing to do with you..." Tanjiro's face contorted into a look of disappointment and annoyance, "why are you looking at me like that?! Stop it!! You're staring at me like I'm some sort of pitiful creature or something! Listen here, you! The reason I missed out on getting married is all your fault! Say something, would you?! Look, during my next job, I'll likely die. The reason is, I'm just a weakling! Do you understand?! You have to help protect me until I manage to get married, mister!"

   Tanjiro put his hand on his chest, "my names Tanjiro and you are?"

   "Tanjiro? That's good to know! I'm Zenitsu Agatsuma! Please, you gotta do what you can to save me!"

   "Aren't you being a bit dramatic? Why'd you even become a swordsman? You're acting utterly pathetic right now."

   "That's a harsh way to put it! I got conned by a woman and racked up a lot of debt! The old geezer who took it over for me turned out to be this 'tough as nails' instructor! He made me train to the bone every day! It was so hellish I just wanted to die! I was hoping that'd happen during Final Selection, but since I survived, this nightmare continued to haunt me!! I'm so scared, terrified, frightened! I just know I'm going to get eaten by a demon soon! My brain's gonna get sucked from my ears while I'm still alive! No!! Please save me!!"