𝟏𝟑| 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐠: 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞.

𝐀𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 sink back into the ground. Nezuko tilted her head in confusion when her foot didn't smash into the demon, instead a large footprint was embedded in the ground. The second one laughed at her as it too resided back into the ground. She was about to chase after it when Y/n called for the girl, "Nezuko! Don't chase after it. Come back to us."

   She quickly obeyed and started to run towards the two when the demon sprouted from the ground. It raised its arms up but was left empty handed and confused as Nezuko jumped over it, landing on the other side and safely making it to Tanjiro and Y/n's sides.

   The demon attempted to distract them by opening up the ground below them and another one shot out of a different opening. Its attempts were fruitless as the two dodged their attack. "Nezuko, Y/n, I'm going underground," Tanjiro stated.

   Y/n shook her head in disapproval," what do you mean? It's dangerous down there. You can't go, Tanjiro."

   "It's okay. I'll come back up to you. For now, protect these two with Nezuko. Can you do that?"

   Nezuko nodded while Y/n looked hesitant, "okay... please be safe."

   The boy nodded and prepared himself to jump into the pool of mysterious liquid. He took a step and let himself slowly sink into the ground. Y/n couldn't help but worry, though the demon's laugh caught her attention and she refocused on her job.

   The demon moved first, its sharp claws attempting a jab into Y/n's side. Nezuko quickly put a stop to it and used her leg to move its arm out of the way before it could hit the girl. The demon's attacks were fast and scary, but Y/n knew she'd be safe with Nezuko as she was faster. The demon focused on Nezuko while Y/n searched for an opening.

   It seemed like the demon was starting to pick up Nezuko's attack pattern because when the demon dashed for her, it was able to block her punch. Its nails dug into the skin of her forehead. Blood dripped down her face and Y/n found her opening. The demon's arm pulled back and went in for another hit, as its arm extended, Y/n used the opportunity to cut it's arm off. Suddenly, Y/n saw the familiar green of a haori fly by her. Tanjiro cut its other arm off when it went to attack Y/n.

   Y/n smiled, glad the boy made it back, and he was awfully fast about it too. He stood in front of the two girls defensively as he held out his sword, "you smell horrible. You give off a scent like rotten oil. I know where it comes from. Tell me, how many people have you killed?"

   "Give me a break already!" The demon shouted, "if women live too long, they turn ugly and then they won't taste good anymore! I killed them, for their own good! You know, you should be thanking u-"

   The demon's sentence was cut off by Tanjiro's sword in its jaw. "Nevermind," Tanjiro backed the demon against the wall, his sword mere inches away from its face, "what do you know about Muzan Kibutsuji? Tell me." Y/n and Tanjiro looked at the demon in pure confusion as the demon seemed frightened of the name and writhe, "tell me! Come on, talk!"

   "I can't. I can't. I can't tell you! I can't do it, I just can't. I can't say. I can't, I can't, I can't! I can't tell you, alright?!" The demon grew its arms back and threw itself right to Y/n. Its claws were about to sink into her flesh but Y/n's reflexes were faster and was able to cut its arms and head off. With that single strike, the demon disintegrated.

   Y/n frowned at Tanjiro, apologetic that they weren't able to receive any information. Her eyes then wandered to Nezuko who seemed to be sleeping, slowly regenerating the claw marks on her forehead, "Nezuko..." They both walked over to her, crouching down and inspecting her injury.

   "The bleeding stopped," Tanjiro muttered before putting his head on her's , "I failed... I'm sorry... I promise I will make you human again."

   Y/n watched sadly and leaned her head onto Tanjiro's shoulder, "we'll find a demon who will give us answers... we'll find her cure, okay?" She smiled at the boy, hoping to make him feel less bad about this failed attempt.

   He smiled back and nodded, "right. No one said it'd be easy... no matter how long it takes, we will find someone who'll fix her." Tanjiro shrugged the box off his shoulders and placed it down so Y/n could place her into it. The door was shut and put onto his back once more.

   Y/n checked over Tanjiro but found no visible injuries, "did you get hurt down there?"

   "No, they didn't even land a single hit," Tanjiro said proudly, "I was able to use my breathing style down there and it worked even better! It was just a swamp down there so the water enhanced my abilities."

   "Good, good."

   "Did you get hurt up here?"

   "No, Nezuko protected me. She barely even gave me an opening to hit the demon safely," Y/n laughed, "that hypnotism Urokodaki used seemed to really work. She didn't let the demon get past her at all, even with her injury she would have kept going."

   Tanjiro laughed a little with her, "well, you know she's always been persistent, even when she was a human."

   The two finished up their small check up before focusing back onto Kazumi and the girl he held.

--------------------------------------------

𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞

--------------------------------------------